PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound like gas?

MissSunshine
28-03-12, 20:34
Sharp belly pains coming and going
Pain in chest
Pain in shoulder blades
Keep burping and passing wind, pains ease when I do so..
Bloated tummy
Pain around belly button

I suffer with IBS, am on meds for it, and I have just finished taking ranitidine or zantac to some people which is for acid reflux... it seems when ever i do take these tablets I get really bad tummy pains, im kind of glad the dose has run out, i cant take the pains,
does it sound like gas to you? someone did say the tablets mess with your belly, how can i ease gas pains there so painful sometimes! x

Mick081081
28-03-12, 20:44
Hi,
Definitely sounds like trapped wind to me my aunt has IBS and always struggles with trapped wind issues and pains from it, she swears by having a hot bath and drinking a glass of milk to combat the acid as milk is alkaline so neutralises the acid. Hope this helps you. Take care. Mick.

MissSunshine
28-03-12, 21:03
Thank you i will defiantly try the glass of milk! i find hot baths a god send x

Mick081081
28-03-12, 21:09
Good stuff, I'm seeing my Aunt tomorrow so will have a word with her and see if she has any other things that she does to ease it and post back with any tips she has. Take care. mick.

MissSunshine
28-03-12, 21:13
I would very much appreciate that! thanks alot mick!

Mick081081
29-03-12, 16:59
Hi MissSunshine,
Hope you are ok. I spoke to my Aunt and she says buy some Mebeverine 135mg apparently you can get it off the shelf without a prescription at most pharmacies. She takes 1 tablet an hour before eating and says it really helps. Hope you get on ok. Take care.

Mick.

Kellybobz
29-03-12, 17:39
Ive ahd this on and off most of my life. At the moment its continuous but im taking fluoxacillin, does anybody know if this can cause trapped wind? Any help would be great. Its just ive never had the symptoms so frequently.

just been advised to use peppermint tea, so i just had a cup and its actually worked!!!