PDA

View Full Version : hello everyone

truegrit34
28-03-12, 23:48
I AM A GUY WHO HAS ONLY COME TO GRIPS WITH MY OCD ..when i say grip i mean that i am finally trying to do something about it, because i feel i have reached my tipping point esp a couple months ago and a yr ago to be exact when depression kicked in and my OCD skyrocketted.. I knew i had sleep issues as well but i just realised how long i have had them and i am tired just tired and i cant take it on anymore, right now any problems i encounter i intend to address them. Although i have been to a psychiatrist a yr ago for the 1st time in my life , prior to that i have buried or hide my OCD which is my MAIN ISSUE on this website, my doc prescribed fluvoxamine but i took them less than a month i really felt i could overcome my OCD without medications as i did or struggled to do many yrs ago when i first realised or heard of OCD at age 19. I didnt realise it until now because i find myself doing alot of flashbacks on my life and i have had several OCD encounters through the years and i did nothing about it so i am saying to myself.." NEVER AGAIN" among other catch phrases sufferers would say to combat their OCD and other positive expressions they use

a couple months ago .. i can recall that i have gone through this before a long time ago, but it took on a new face . I am refering to going through my generalized anxiety disorder moment of course in association with my OCD but i started to hear voices while showering and doing exercising esp. when i ran as my head would fluctuate and made me hear this sound and the last thing was more scary when i heard a sharp pertruding voice that echoed or rather it climbed in intensity & lastly esp after a sleeplesss night having racing thoughts for 5 hours after my sleep was disrupted during the middle of the night that morning i could hear alternative rock music very distinctly it just felt like in my head an ipod or walkman was playing music directly without the use of outside source..i suppose my brain was over active for several hours just before i heard that music at around 7am.. CAN ANY GIVE ANY SUGGESTIONS.. i will discuss my OCD soon

nomorepanic
28-03-12, 23:50
Hi truegrit34

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

lee20
29-03-12, 00:03
hi a big warm :welcome: to nmp. i cant help with the ocd but i really do hope you find the support you need from other members. their are some lovely members here that im sure will help you when you need it. all the best

lee :D

Pipkin
29-03-12, 06:20
Hi there and a warm :welcome:

Like Lee, OCD isn't my area but I'm sure you'll find loads of members here who share your experience and that you'll find it comforting to see that you're not alone.

Take care and keep posting

Pip x