PDA

View Full Version : Echocardiogram

Jsp
29-03-12, 00:01
My doctor referred me for an ECG and an echocardiogram due to my high resting pulse rate and chest pains that I've been experiencing. I had both done this morning at the hospital and they sent me on my way without saying anything. I assume the results of both get sent to my doctor or something?

Does anyone know what I have to do to get the results for it? Do I have to ring my doctor or whatever.

nomorepanic
29-03-12, 00:04
Yes the results go to the doctor and could take up to a week so maybe make an appointment for a week's time.

Jsp
29-03-12, 00:06
Oh that's okay then. I will ring my doctor up tomorrow and ask about when I should book an appointment for :)

Just another question. If there was anything seriously wrong with my heart that they noticed during the echocardiogram or ECG, they wouldn't really let you out of the hospital would they?

nomorepanic
29-03-12, 00:18
Well they wouldn't let you out if it was life threatening but if it was something that can be monitored etc then they could do.

Jsp
29-03-12, 00:20
Ahh okay that's put my mind at rest a bit :) I always worry too much about things like this! Thank you

nomorepanic
29-03-12, 00:20
Good luck with the results