PDA

View Full Version : Before I Google...

southernbelle
29-03-12, 02:15
Before I give in and Google symptoms. My LO, 5, was sick with a terrible virus back in January. Her lymph nodes swelled on both sides (near the back/below ear area) of her neck. Well, they are still a bit swollen on both sides. They are smaller; they aren't hard & they do move around easily. She has no other symptoms...

I showed her doctor the one side, but I just noticed the other side, too. Is this normal? Does this warrant a call in to her doctor?:shrug:

Jo1981
29-03-12, 03:09
Hiya..my little boy has them one on each side that are round and move he has had them for a while thy are small at the moment but when he is poorly they go big,the doctor said what he has is normal so im sure its the same for you but go and ask your doctor for reasurrance x

southernbelle
29-03-12, 03:23
Oh, thank you for writing me back. I can breathe a little easier, until I can put in a call to her doctor...I just heard a cough come from her room...perhaps she's fighting off something & that's why I could feel the other side tonight!

swgrl09
29-03-12, 12:27
If she was sick, you really don't need to worry. Sometimes they just don't return to normal. I had a real bad bug when I was a teenager and my nodes in my neck were so swollen I couldn't swallow. They aren't as bad, but still enlarged and it's been years.