PDA

View Full Version : Declaration for Beating the Blues

kingkong
29-03-12, 08:27
Dear all,

I am taking beating the blues CBT in the NHS.

1. My question is, when I go for a new job, and when I fill out the medical questionaire, should I declare myself as "taking treatment for mental condition - depression"

2. Will my prospective employer reject me because I am taking a treatment for depression?

Thanks and regards.

emm
29-03-12, 08:37
Hey hun,
I would tell them, they're not supposed to discriminate against you for things like mental health. X

Littlemadam
29-03-12, 08:41
I read PsychoPoets thread on his adventure with Citalopram, and in the guide he did say not to divulge such information, unless they are specifically asking.

Personally I think it's none of their business, you are getting help to fix yourself. The problem may be having to have the CBT appointments during working hours, I think what I would do is face that problem when it came to it.

Good luck with the application! And enjoy the CBT!!!

kingkong
29-03-12, 08:58
Thanks emm and thanks littlemadam.
Your replies gave clarity.
Yes- they did specifically ask for "are you taking treatment for any mental conditions - eg depression"

emm
29-03-12, 09:16
I agree with little madam in that these questions are not really their business. But doing CBT shows you are being pro active and will stand you in good stead. Like I said they're not allowed to discriminate. If they didn't employ people with anxiety and depression issues they'd loose half the work force lol. Good luck hun. X

Mountainclimber
29-03-12, 09:29
Don't know the answer, but i wish you well, and good luck. Stay positive :shades:

Stormsky
29-03-12, 10:01
I never put down that i was taking anti dep for depression. None of their business.

Littlemadam
29-03-12, 10:08
Can't believe they are asking outright! That is shocking, and I think it's ridiculous as if they are not allowed to discriminate why the hell do they need to know.

Tell them then, but bare in mind the job might not be right for you if it is so important.

We shall stay positive though and hope they just need it for their records and you will get the job and be well happy with it :hugs:

kingkong
29-03-12, 18:53
Thanks again emm and littlemadam.
Thanks Stromsky and Murphyslaw.

Just for the info, the medical form actually consists of a series of questions which I take to the GP and get the fitness. The form actually conisists of a series of a questions for which I have to tick yes or no. they are about 55 in number.

Some questions are like (sorry about TMI)- have you ever had loose stools.
Have you ever had pale stools.
Have you ever had gall bladder problems
Have you had surgeries
and so on and so forth.

Then few other female specific questions.

then various other, and one of them is mental health ( eg depression).
thought that was pretty elaborate

Not sure if so much information is needed or not.

LAURA48
29-03-12, 19:19
Personally I would not bother - don't sound very good employers to me.

---------- Post added at 19:19 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

agree with Emm