PDA

View Full Version : Rib and back ache :(

lalouba
29-03-12, 08:53
Hello all,

Like many of you, I'm terrified about the big c. My obsession at the moment is with lung cancer specifically, as I was a smoker for eight years before I got pregnant with my daughter last year.

I've been coughing a LOT in the last few months, which the doc is attributing to allergies and post nasal drip, but because of this I now have rib ache that occasionally spreads into my back.

Doctor google assures me i'm dying of lung cancer.

Is it possible that I've just pulled something or bruised my ribs from coughing so much?

Has anyone else had this?

JMR
29-03-12, 11:41
:)Hi there...
Read my posts on my anxieties on this issue. I have also got a persistent dry/hacking cough at the moment, but there are so many others with the same cough so I'm trying not to over worry. That said, I'm on Google again this morning checking some other weird symptoms I have...strangely I'm finding it difficult to come across any info on my latest symptoms...so I've either got something extremely rare and dangerous or nothing to concern myself about???

Try not to over worry, especially as you have been to see your GP. He/She would have sent you for a chest x ray at the very least if they had been worried about anything so sinister. I do understand you completely...although I've never smoked, I have been subjected to a fog of passive smoking at my in-laws & it worries me a lot!

mollymalloy
29-03-12, 12:11
Hi,
I have had upper backpain/rib and neck pain on the left side for over two years now and have also done some tests to rule out anything sinister. I my case I think it is an injury I sustained as I stepped wrong getting down from a chair while painting about 3 years ago, I fell over onto my left side. As you I have worried about it a lot and I think in the long run it made it worse, our muscle can get very tense with worry. Posture also comes into play here and I find that regular exercise and stretching does relieves the pain. I also went to a chiropractor a number of times and that really helped.
Mollymalloy

lalouba
29-03-12, 13:02
Thank you both for your replies. I had a telephone consultation with my GP this morning and she is seeing me tomorrow. I think I will insist on a chest x ray if one isn't offered just to put my mind at ease :)