PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone I'm new

agneskrob
29-03-12, 10:45
Hi, my name is Agnes and I've just joined today. Ive been off sick with depression and anxiety since February, but have been struggling with it for much longer if I'm honest. I have been trying different medication, first I was on Citalopram which gave me terrible side effects and then venlafaxine which was even worse. Today I have been to the docs and she has prescribed me Sertraline and I've decided to try half a tablet a day for a few days to see how I get on but I'm worried about having side effects again.

Since February I haven't been leaving the house except to go to the doctors due to fears and anxiety and just feeling safer at home, sounds pathetic:( Unfortunately I am due to go away to Germany on Saturday with my husband to visit family and I am absolutely terrified of the thought of it! We are driving over and I'm very worried about having an anxiety attack during our trip, and also none of my family know what I've been going through and I will have to put on a smile and act as though everything is fine. I guess I'm just looking for some advice or to see if anyone understands what I'm going through. I have bought some Bach Rescue Remedy to use during our trip, does anyone know if that is allright to use with the Sertrlaine? Thanks to anyone for any help all the best

diane07
29-03-12, 10:47
Hi agneskrob

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Stormsky
29-03-12, 12:00
Hi
I dont take meds, so cant help much there.
But i am also going away saturday to visit family , and go to a family party, we are driving too... bout 4hr drive away, staying overnight in hotel... but i am trying to see it as a positive, be nice to see everyone, get out of my house... i will probably do alot of the driving too, which will help distract, rather than just sitting in car for hours...

hwise05
29-03-12, 18:53
Hi there,

Welcome to the site! I haven't been a member for very long either but have alredy found it really helpful. Unfortunately I've never been on Sertraline so I can't really help with side effects however if your wondering whether to take it with rescue remedy just ask your pharmacist. Will save you a doctors appointment and they have the knowledge and are just as qualified to give you advice :)

I know how you feel about going away. It can be really hard to put on a brave face but you don't have to. Your family love you and care for you I'm sure and I would hope they would be very understanding. On the other hand I know that anxiety is very personal and we don't always want everybody to know how we feel inside. Feel free to message me at any time and I hope my post has been helpful,

Helen

Julianne
29-03-12, 19:57
Hi and welcome,

Bach rescue remedy is such a low dose homeopathic product that it should make no difference.

Taking half of a sertraline tablet though will not work, you need to take at least the minimum dose to see any effect.

Best wishes

agneskrob
29-03-12, 20:19
Thank you to everyone for replying I really appreciate it. All the best:hugs:

Julianne
29-03-12, 20:42
Thank you to everyone for replying I really appreciate it. All the best:hugs:

You are welcome, and you know where we are okay? :noangel: