PDA

View Full Version : replaced fears

mollymalloy
29-03-12, 14:00
Hi I was just wondering if it is normal for some fears to dissapate only to be replaced by new once. Used to hate going on public transportation but have no problem with that now. But then I started to have anxiety about allergies and health instead, which I now am slowly overcoming too.
Not on any meds!

Jamesk
29-03-12, 14:04
Hi I was just wondering if it is normal for some fears to dissapate only to be replaced by new once. Used to hate going on public transportation but have no problem with that now. But then I started to have anxiety about allergies and health instead, which I now am slowly overcoming too.
Not on any meds!

Oh absolutely so. My main problem is HA and I have all sorts of symptoms which are very real to me.

At the moment I have another non-health major worry consuming me and lo my HA symptoms have all gone.

Mountainclimber
29-03-12, 14:08
Fear is all in the mind, you done great overcoming your transport fear, so your mind is trying to trick you again, by staying positive and distract yourself when you get unwanted thoughts, they to will go. Good luck :bighug1:

LAURA48
29-03-12, 14:21
Definitely - called free floating anxiety - once one fear has gone another will replace it - I am having it bad at the moment - Prozac stopped it before but stopped working (long story) and old fears have resurfaced - horrible.

mollymalloy
29-03-12, 15:36
Thanks for your replies, it helps to know that it is not just me.

Laura sorry you are having a hard time and hope you can combat these old fears again very soon.

AnxiousAnnie18
29-03-12, 18:12
It's totally normal (unfortunately!) I first started with anxiety at around 14 and then it developed into social anxiety, then I got health anxiety and would regularly replace fears related to my health (it was exhausting) now my current phobia is going out (still) and the fear of needing the toilet when out and about (when I do eventually go out that is!)

Julianne
29-03-12, 20:11
Yes, it happens. It is possible to have multiple anxieties, multiple phobias and one can lead to another, just make sure you are getting the right treatment for it.

best wishes