PDA

View Full Version : That Scary Feeling That Tells You, UR TRAPPED!

Attackattack73
29-03-12, 16:59
Its been 5 weeks now, and ive been on my upped dosage of 40mg citalopram.
My symptoms of depression and anxiety have worsen. To add, i have DP.
I Cant function in life with the way i am right now. I cant work, i quit college and i constantly need to be with someone, cant stand being alone cause it scares the shittt out of me. I feel like ''I dont know who i am anymore and im trapped in this body of agony''. Its a very scary feeling and feels like im going to stay like this forever....What do u all think?

mollymalloy
29-03-12, 17:18
Hi, I've not been on any meds for my anxiety but understand from others on this site that it takes a while for it to start to work.
Hope you soon start to feel better...I had only a bit of DP and found that very scary. You will get better it might just take some time...hang in there.

AnxiousAnnie18
29-03-12, 17:44
I don't have depression or DP so I'm probably not the best help but I do have anxiety to the point it stops me doing anything (I dropped out of school and college too). I do sometimes feel trapped and like things aren't going to get better and it's a really horrible scary feeling so I can understand a bit... I don't take meds but have been prescribed some just last week (still not convinced to take them), they do say they take a while to get into your system and work properly and they can sometimes have side effects (the medication I have been prescribed says it can cause anxiety, I thought it was to treat it!) so maybe the meds your on aren't working right or your having side effects etc? I would try speak to your doctor and see about changing medication, there is alot on the market and they help people in different ways... I would try do some research on the different kinds of meds and see which sounds best for you then discuss with your doc, hopefully you can get it sorted and your life back on track... good luck & don't give up.

Julianne
29-03-12, 20:13
You have reached a critical point and need to see your doctor pretty quickly and get in the system of meds and therapy - make an appontment soonest okay!

best thoughts

miniminx
29-03-12, 20:49
im going thru the mill at the moment too, and im on citalopram.. i started myself on a too higher dose than i needed...now im on 20mg per day ive yet to get rid of the side effects and hope my anxiety settles down. im scared at the moment too but people on here will help you...theyre amazing x