PDA

View Full Version : Really?!

kirstynic
29-03-12, 18:00
This year is turning out to be a nightmare and possibly the worst year ever.
My dad has been diagnosed with lung cancer, tomorrow he finds out if and where it has spread. We know it is stage 3b nsclc and if it has spread it will be stage 4. We are just dealing with this as a family. At the time my dad was diagnosed my mum was also being scanned for ovarian cancer, the ultrasound thank god was clear.

However a few weeks on my mum has just told me she is being reffered to the hospital for a lump on her neck.
The lump is large about 2 inches by 2 inches it is on her right side of her neck a little under her ear. I am so scared as to what this could be and of course think that ******* cancer is going to take over my family.

Just to top it off my brother had found a hard pertruding lump on his head, it is hard and very firm.

Really?! I am so sorry for my ranting just had to get it out, just as I feel I am sort of dealing with one thing it's like more bad news keeps coming.

eeyorelover
29-03-12, 18:07
I'm so sorry your family is going through this right now.

My Husband and his Uncle were both fighting cancer at the same time so I know how awful it is!

Please try not to get ahead of yourself hun. Sometimes a lump is just a lump and until it is checked out and someone actually says that it's malignant, worrying about whether it is or not all the time, isn't going to do anyone any good.
I know it's easier said than done, but try to remain positive and live for today. Let tomorrow worry about itself.

Sending positive thoughts and prayers for your family.
xxx
Sandy