PDA

View Full Version : Baby. Am I being stupid?

MissSunshine
29-03-12, 18:39
I suffer with health anxiety, but it seems to be getting better.
I have a 3 year old boy, my anxiety came after having him, I think it was from post natel depression. I have been up and down since then.

The thing is I really want baby number 2 now, so my little one has someone close to his age, I really dont want a big age gap.
Am i being stupid? can some with anxiety have a baby?
when i had my 3 year old i didnt suffer with anxity so nothing bothered me.

Will having anxiety be dangerous through pregnancy? as I become quite panicky.

Someone please advise me, I am so broody for another, yet i have a few worries like also if i get post natal depression again.

I am not and have never been on any meds for anxiety so wouldnt have to come off anything.

Any opinions would be truely grateful

thanks
X

sahara
30-03-12, 18:56
I have had HA anxiety for as many years as I care to remember and have two beautiful children, I say go for it, they are a huge distraction for me and help me no end, your consultant will help you, I told my midwife at the booking in appt and had help through both pregnancies.

Do you it won't regret it :)

macc noodle
30-03-12, 21:32
Honey, I sailed through my second pregnancy (some 6 years after my first which was fraught with HA and fear) and managed to give birth without any intervention and even managed to stay at home in labour until one hour before I gave birth!!!

Would not recommend that course of action though if you live too far away from the hospital!

Go for it - be honest with your support team during the pregnancy and they will help you through it.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx