PDA

View Full Version : feel like I'm going round in circles

jojo0283
29-03-12, 19:49
hi,I'm in need of some advice. Having had quite extreme anxiety a couple of years ago i havebeen working on keeping my health anxiety under control. I've recently been feeling very overwhelmed and after an urinary infection i seem to have plunged into anxiety hell. please excuse my ramblings, I'll now get to the crux of my latest problem.
my left shoulder has been hurting for a couple of weeks. i put it down to a pulled muscle from doing heavy lifting at work. the reason i can't stop thinking about it is, and this is a bit groty, my armpit hair isn't growing on that side. am i over reacting? will it sort itself out? my brain is going into overdrive. sorry to ramble. can anyone help? I've been resisting the docs as I'm worried that once i start going to see him, i won't be able to stop and I'll go back to needing reassuranc for every twinge. any advice?

Em84
30-03-12, 07:45
Hi....

To be honest not sure about the armpit hair thing, but if your generally concerned see your GP, that's what they are there for....trust me....I'm there almost every week lol....but this is because Ive been having some sinus allergy type problem which is driving me insane...

Do you have any swelling in the armpit? Doesn't sound like anything bad and the arm pain could just be from lifting...I get bad bad back pain from lifting stuff including the baby every 5 mins....I also get pain around the left of my chest from coughing so much..but I have to tell myself it's anxiety.

See your GP, it will put your mind at ease then you can continue to battle the HA...the fear of the unknown is what grabs us and gives us a bad time...if you have the reassurance then happy days

Xxx

jojo0283
01-04-12, 10:28
thanks so much for your message.
I've been to see the docs and he was quite happy and referred me to the physiotherapist. main problem is that i now have a horrible shooting pain in my left chest area! feels like I'm chasing the pain round my body like a crazy benny hill sketch! lol
thought I'd got my HA in check but seems to rear its ugly head whenever i feel Sr

---------- Post added at 10:28 ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 ----------

sorry, didn't mean to post that until I'd finished!lol
i easy saying it seems to rear its ugly head when I'm feeling low.
thanks again for you're kind words. you're so right that its the fear of the unknown.
xxx