PDA

View Full Version : Consistent Headaches, please post if you can help...

AaronB
29-03-12, 22:37
Hi Everyone,

I've been getting headaches almost everyday for the last three weeks, I went to my GP who told me I as fine and it's just down to anxiety. I saw a clinical phsycologist today too who also said it is most likely the anxiety.

I still need some reassurance though :(

I feel like there is this pressure just right of top dead centre in on my head, and if I go out and not feeling 100% then I get like this squeezing feeling on either side of my head. And if I look up or around quickly then I get like a vertigo feeling.

I'm happy to accept it's anxiety if I could get some reassurance that I'm not the only to experience this and that it will go eventually?

I have been taking paracetomol, which sometimes helps, sometimes doesn't.

I'm not on any other meds, clinical phsycologist suggested anti-depressants to me today for their anxiety relief properties but i declined and said I've come a fair way in a year I want to beat this without meds. He agreed said okay we'll see how I get on.

But please, anyone who can relate to this please post as I need to stop worrying about this and focusing my attention on it or it will stick around for longer :(

Just to add, I have been under a fair amount of stress this last couple of weeks but have never experienced headaches like this before, and I'm moving house on Monday so need to be fairly 'well'...

michellew
30-03-12, 18:20
I am the same, i even got my doctor to schedule an MRI for which I am still waiting on results. I have constant pressure in the same place on my head (on the top left) and every now and again a burst of pain which can be dull or sharp and severe. The brain-in-a-vice feeling happens to me when I'm exhausted and can also be accompanied by this really scary 'shaky brain' feeling. I think that is most certainly stress-related! The headaches are probably from muscle tension, or so my doctor told me. Something like 90% of headaches have no organic cause and since my situation seems quite similar to yours I don't think you need to worry and the more you focus your attention on it the worse it will get. Obviously, I'm a compulsive worrier so my only option was making SURE there was nothing else even though I know I'm probably fine. Do whatever you can to reassure yourself, and I completely agree with you about staying away from anti-depressants. Just try to go for walks, exercise, take some time to yourself every once and a while and know that you'll be ok.