PDA

View Full Version : Burned wood and worried over fumes

peter34uk
29-03-12, 22:45
Hi,

I had a garden fire earlier burning some tree cuttings, and some wood from our house renovations.

They included varnished wooden flooring and primed skirting boards.

But then after it hit me that they probably gave off fumes and i was breathing it in.

My chest has been tight ever since although i am breathing okay.

Just wondering if its the fumes or anxiety!

What you guys think? Even if it were fumes, should I worry? It wasnt very much wood i burned. A few planks and a few skirting boads.

Stormsky
29-03-12, 22:50
I burnt aload of paper , plastics, etc few weeks back... yes breathed some in too, felt bit tight chest, but dont have HA, so i dont worry...
People burn wood etc all the time, youll be fine.

Em84
30-03-12, 07:40
Hiya...

The chest tightness is prob the anxiety thinking about the effects of the fumes....

I had a problem recently where the local pub was burning something in there garden and my god...I had smoke blowing into my house big time...the wind was getting it everywhere.
I rang the council to complain as my baby was only bout a month at the time. They asked me what they were burning and I told them I couldn't see but said the house was full of smoke.

I checked by sneaking a peek through their gate and they were burning wood, branches and stuff...

The council then said to me that as long as it is t matresses and a few other bits and pieces (not stuff you mentioned ) then it's fine as it's not a health risk....

Hope that helps

Xxx