PDA

View Full Version : Oh dear.....please help me!

Kelley
30-03-12, 08:42
It's day 4 on Prozac 10mg, and I've started feeling dark and emotionless.....I also feel terrified sick when I think of the things that scare me! I feel like I'm in deep depression and I wasn't like this before. What's happening to me? Will this pass or are they not right for me? I'm really scared....

Kel

ems73
30-03-12, 10:20
I don't know Kelly but you definitely need to go back to the doctors. Ironically one of the possible side effects of anti-depressant medication is depression. It's possible the medication can affect you in that way but if it's a side effect, it's likely to be temporary and things may improve. The most important thing is to make sure the doctor knows what's going on so go back as soon as you can.

sickandtired
30-03-12, 10:30
aw Kelly please read my diary......its going to be okay.....
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=105775
ssri's can make u feel alot more anxious in the first few weeks.....just until your seratonin levels calm down....you will be up and down for a few weeks,but then slowly,you should start to feel better xxx

cathycrumble
30-03-12, 10:36
It's day 4 on Prozac 10mg, and I've started feeling dark and emotionless.....I also feel terrified sick when I think of the things that scare me! I feel like I'm in deep depression and I wasn't like this before. What's happening to me? Will this pass or are they not right for me? I'm really scared....

Kel

Kelley I was the same and it didn't get better for me I stayed on them for 31 days and it was shear hell infact it brought a lot of fears to the fore front and made me very scared.

But don't take my word for it go your gp asap.

I am on sert now been on them for 5 weeks. They are ok SE not too bad.

Cathy xx

---------- Post added at 10:34 ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 ----------

I don't know Kelly but you definitely need to go back to the doctors. Ironically one of the possible side effects of anti-depressant medication is depression. It's possible the medication can affect you in that way but if it's a side effect, it's likely to be temporary and things may improve. The most important thing is to make sure the doctor knows what's going on so go back as soon as you can.

Emms How are you these days now you are off the sert?

Cathy xx

---------- Post added at 10:36 ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 ----------

aw Kelly please read my diary......its going to be okay.....
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=105775
ssri's can make u feel alot more anxious in the first few weeks.....just until your seratonin levels calm down....you will be up and down for a few weeks,but then slowly,you should start to feel better xxx

Great to hear you are doing well Donna and a job to bute that's bril xx

Cathy xx

sickandtired
30-03-12, 10:54
I know Cathy,I feel great....cant believe how far Ive come....my Mum says Im smiling too! (she,d known something had been wrong years ago and tried to tell me)
the job is the icing on the cake...earning my own money,having adult company...
Hope you are well Cathy and the sertraline isnt as rough as the fluoxetine was xxxx

cathycrumble
30-03-12, 11:13
I am not too bad up and down but only been on them 5 weeks. I am starting to look for a job now as they are taking the esa off me but I am glad dont like benefits. never been on them but with the axiety I had no choise and losing my job. What is your job?

Cathy xx

sickandtired
30-03-12, 11:27
dinner lady! lol I will be perfect at it!
xx

Kelley
30-03-12, 12:27
Hey guys.

Thankyou so much from the bottom of
My heart. I really needed some advice and I feel better already.......I am hopeful that they will work but I guess I won't know for a few weeks?? I will continue past these feelings because I really need to get better.

It helps so much to have support from here, sometimes it is the point that saves me from a breakdown. I trust those who have experienced these things first hand. I have issues trusting drs so really this is all I have in the way of hope.

Big hugs x

---------- Post added at 21:57 ---------- Previous post was at 21:55 ----------

Sick and tired, I have followed your post....it was actually the motivation for me to go and get the Prozac! So there you are, your diary became the beginning of someone else's x

ems73
30-03-12, 13:13
---------- Post added at 10:34 ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 ----------

Emms How are you these days now you are off the sert?

Cathy xx

---------- Post added at 10:36 ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 ----------

Hi Cathy, thanks for asking. Switched to Prozac and now been on them for 2 and a half weeks. Had 2 good days this week but slipped back down now, bad anxiety today. Hoping that things will improve. I'm hoping that after week 4 or so there will be a more constant improvement. Trying to stay positive. I'm glad the Sertraline are not too bad for you. Do you feel it's made a definite difference to you? xxx

---------- Post added at 13:13 ---------- Previous post was at 13:11 ----------

I know Cathy,I feel great....cant believe how far Ive come....my Mum says Im smiling too! (she,d known something had been wrong years ago and tried to tell me)
the job is the icing on the cake...earning my own money,having adult company...
Hope you are well Cathy and the sertraline isnt as rough as the fluoxetine was xxxx

I'm going to read your thread now too, need some positive reassurance, I'm so pleased you're feeling better. xx