PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone, i am new to this site

Indianbro
30-03-12, 09:27
Greetings everyone,

I am santy and suffering through the health anxiety since last 2.3 yrs but it is like for few months i feel better and again it will be with me for next 2-3 months. Contantly i feel vibration in my body and also keep complaing about different illness. My sugar level , BP is normal but still i feel like its not normal. I am taking homeopathy treatment but so far of no use. I read about CBT on this site and would like to know more about it. Not enjoying the life and family is also suffering. I really feel very guilty about it. What is this CBT? and is it really useful in health anxiety?
I hope here i will get true advice to get out of this damn health anxiety.

Thanks in advance.

diane07
30-03-12, 09:28
Hi Indianbro

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

hwise05
30-03-12, 13:48
Hey there,

First of all welcome to no more panic. I am also new to this website and have already found it very helpful. CBT is 'cognitive behavioural therapy'. It is a type of counselling which is used to help the individual to identify their irrantional and anxiety provoking thoughts. The counsellor will work with the individual to help them identify how these thoughts make them feel and how to avoid them and deal with them when they occur. I hope this explanation has helped you understand CBT a bit more.

I was given CBT and unfortunately I didn't find it very helpful but to be honest I think that might have been the counsellor rather than the treatment itself. I would definitely try it again and would urge others to try it. Everybody reacts to CBT differently. I hope this has helped and feel free to message me any time you want!

Helen

Indianbro
31-03-12, 08:48
Thank you so much for your reply. I am from India and i have not ever heard about CBT. Non of the counsellor told me about this therpy. Is it available online? also are there any CD media or anything from where i can learn about it?

Stormsky
31-03-12, 10:16
http://cognitivetherapyonline.com/cbt4panic/