PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and personality ?

LittleMissSleepy
30-03-12, 09:36
Just wondering if there is a link between anxiety sufferers and personality. Are introverts more prone than extroverts ? Maybe we could do a poll once I've figured out how to do it.

bottleblond
02-04-12, 20:20
I'm none of the above, we'll I mean I wouldn't describe myself as any of the above.

I would say I was friendly, bubbly and slightly wacky. :roflmao:
I'm also agoraphobic so perhaps taken outside my comfort zone, I could complately change into a scared and quite timid recluse although that's the complete opposite to who I am.

So many damn swings and roundabouts with anxiety, I think sometimes it's quite difficult to maintain confidence and true identity.

Sorry if this has thrown your pole but it's a good post and it would be great to see other replies.

Lisa
:flowers:

PanchoGoz
02-04-12, 21:36
I think extroverts would suffer more from phobias to do with embarrassment and social norm and things like that, and introverts would focus on themselves more maybe, with things like health and insanity. Or would it be the other way round? Or nothing to do with either?
I think everyone can have anxiety though and everyone has their introvert and extrovert moments, but an interesting poll nonetheless.

violet33
11-04-12, 18:43
I have TERRIBLE anxiety . ESPECIALLY health anxiety . I don't think I'm shy, & can be very talkative, but I am DEFINITELY NOT a social butterfly. Actually I'd consider my self more introverted even tho outwardly I don't appear so. I VERY MUCH NEED ALONE TIME, but also need SOME interaction with people . I have more affinity with animals actually.

grotbags
06-05-12, 16:12
I think I am by nature an extrovert, and always have been. There are few people more sociable than me, which seems so ironic that I developed agoraphobia as my loss of a social life has been like a bereavement.