PDA

View Full Version : hello from a newbie

carlleo123
30-03-12, 11:53
hi all, my names Carl and I'm new to NMP.
I've suffered from social anxiety off and on since I was in my teens and in my 40s now so its been a bit of a long haul. This along with health anxiety has really held me back over the years.
Anyways for a number of years I felt much better whilst taking seroxat which I came off around 5 years ago and continued to feel well for a couple of years after stopping.
However in the last 2 or 3 years things have gone haywire again, everyday I wake up in a state of fear and I can't seem to shake it off. I've tried CBT, setraline, venlaxafine and a method found on the net none of which have helped.
So yesterday, after twisting my drs arm, I got put back on seroxat and I hope I'm going to get my life back now, side effects are making me feel awful but underneath it all theres a little positivity there I haven't felt for a long time.
Anyways sorry for rambling, and once again hello to you all :)

nomorepanic
30-03-12, 11:55
Hi carlleo123

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Stormsky
30-03-12, 11:56
hi and welcome,
heres hoping the Seroxat works again for you.xx

Mountainclimber
30-03-12, 11:57
Welcome on board, a great site, great friends and good advice, I wish you well, stay positive and be happy. :welcome:

carlleo123
30-03-12, 12:27
thanks guys, always good to know your not alone in this, although I wouldn't wish it on anyone but you know what I mean, i hope :unsure:

Pipkin
30-03-12, 13:07
Hi Carl and :welcome:

Pip x

kittikat
30-03-12, 13:56
Hi and :welcome:

Wish you lots of luck in your journey. You have come to the right place for help & support and your experiences can help others too. There are some fab people here!!

Stay positive, Kitti :)

Mo B
30-03-12, 14:36
Hi Carl

Hope all goes well this time . Im sure it will . Be positive. :welcome:Im fairly new on here and the lovely friendly people have been a tremendous support