PDA

View Full Version : Venlafaxine and Aggression

murph
30-03-12, 16:50
Hi All,

I have been steadily climbing the Venlafaxine spiral up to a lovely 225mg.

I have found that uncontrolable aggression has been the main issue. Normally it's been just when I've been on the sports field, but I realise now it's starting to spill over in real life.

Has anyone else had similar and/or could anyone suggest some advice to follow, as it is starting to have a MASSIVE effect on the people around me.

Pipkin
30-03-12, 17:05
Hi Murph,

I'm on venlafaxine for the 2nd time and I've never experienced this. I'm only on 75mg though.

From chatting to others on here, I've not heard anyone mention it, just the usual side effects that you get with most SSRIs/SNRIs.

Take care

Pip x

alecc
05-04-12, 13:30
@ Pip

At 75mg according to my information the nor-epinephrine effect doesn't even kick in. I wonder is there even a difference if you take a low dosed SNRI or directly a SSRI? From what I read the NE effect only kicks in at higher doses.

julieannboo
05-04-12, 15:14
Hi All,

I have been steadily climbing the Venlafaxine spiral up to a lovely 225mg.

I have found that uncontrolable aggression has been the main issue. Normally it's been just when I've been on the sports field, but I realise now it's starting to spill over in real life.

Has anyone else had similar and/or could anyone suggest some advice to follow, as it is starting to have a MASSIVE effect on the people around me.

i got very bad agitation whilst being on paxil. i found a great website called paxilprogress.org that gives information and advice on all anti depressants.