PDA

View Full Version : Getting my tonsils out, scared of going under!

michellew
30-03-12, 18:25
I'm getting my tonsils out on monday and I'm scared of going under general anaesthetic in case I don't wake up because I've been feeling so run-down with my anxiety :( Can anyone who has gotten them out tell me what its like?

Em84
30-03-12, 19:44
Hi Hun

Wish I could...got mine out when I was really young,...all I remember is the doctors giving me and my teddy these weird stickers with a piece of metal in the middle...lol....

I don't remember anything nasty from it, I've had 2 c-sections and other ops like getting a squint out,...I've been fine...think of the benefits.

You will be fine

Xxx

michellew
31-03-12, 22:59
Thanks again for the advice, Em84! I wish i had mine out when I was young, seems silly getting them out at my age. i have just read that you can get a pre-medication to lessen anxiety so I might ask my anesthetist about that! at least i have the ice cream to look forward to anyway lol

Em84
01-04-12, 06:18
Hi Hun

I don't even know why I had them taken out...I used to have dramas with mt ears when I was younger and had grommets put in a few times, could have been suggested to my parents by an ENT or something.

My son is seeing the ENT at the Hospital tomorrow as he has some odd things going on with him, he always has swollen glands, he actually has large tonsils..and other little things like runny nose....I think they will want to take his tonsils out also.....

I know what you mean about going under, just think of it that your going to sleep...def tell them about you HA when your at the hospital they may even use a different type of drug...you be absolutely fine... :hugs:

Xxx

michellew
02-04-12, 00:10
In 8 hours I am getting my tonsils removed. I am terrified of getting general anaesthesia in case i have a complication or i don't wake up... :( can anyone reassure me before i go into hospital?

angel wings
02-04-12, 00:22
hi
i had mine out last year and they gave me a pre med cause i said i was anxious they put you under really quickly one minute they were chatting to me and then i was asleep was a bit weird waking up from it but it was over in a flash xxx

Em84
02-04-12, 08:30
Hey good luck with the OP! You'll be fine!
Let us know how it went!

X

LeMa79
02-04-12, 14:24
I had my first GA not long ago (got a bit of a plastic fork stuck in my throat - embarrassing) and was petrified. I was absolutely fine and am sure you will be too. Luckily I did not have time to think about it too much! Good luck sweetie.

michellew
03-04-12, 22:13
i was crying my eyes out going into theatre but was delighted the moment they gave me morphine, before i knew it i was awake and asking if they'd done the operation yet :p no idea why i was so worried! silly HA. thanks everyone for the support xx

angel wings
03-04-12, 22:18
oh good glad in went ok how the recovery goes well xxx