PDA

View Full Version : chronic kidney disease

emeraldgirl
30-03-12, 20:46
I posted last week about some tests I was having done as I was convinced I had bowel cancer - the blood and poo tests are back - all negative BUT they have found my chronic kidney disease has worsened and it is making me so depressed as there is nothing they can do about it. I was wondering does anyone else on here have chronic kidney disease. My levels are 49 which is much lower than last time and all i can think is it will fall and fall and then I strat thinking it will happen overnight and I will end up with renal failure on dialysis or worse. It was finding out about this disease thtat originally kickstarted my HA and now it seems one thing is sorted the anxiety about this is back. At my age (mid fifties) it seems there is only gloom and doom. Is there anyone else on here that is as old as me and is it possible to feel optimistic at this age. Sorry for being a misery

emeraldgirl
31-03-12, 09:14
Anyone, someone please help....I'm in a real downward spiral and HA consuming me at the moment

snowgoose
31-03-12, 10:21
I am so sorry to read that you are so low Emeraldgirl and understand how hard it is when you have an illness, not to brood too much and get caught in the downward spiral .

my husband is ill and we both have been up since 4am in exactly the same state of feeling as you :hugs: I am late 50s

But what we do normally [once daylight comes it is easier ] is to keep as busy and distracted as possible . Keep routines going .........think only of today and be mindful of the present . Not let those thoughts intrude if we can .
Easier said than done of course ......but we must keep normality going xx

Also I think of all the thousands of people in the UK who are having similar ill health and are as scared as you and I are .
we are not alone emeraldgirl . No way xxxx

I wish I could help more ..........but we must trust our doctors and medicine is advancing all the time . Try not to distress yourself with imagining a future scenario. . No reason to think it is all downhill from now eh? just our tired minds playing up . Your Gp if he was worried about latest test would be acting on it for sure . I feel for you truly do.

sending :bighug1:
take care snow x

emeraldgirl
31-03-12, 21:21
Dear Snow - thank you so much for your kind words. Sorry that you too are going through difficult times with your husband's illness. That is good advice to keep busy and distracted - that is one of my tactics too. Everything seems so futile at the moment but I try to keep reminding myself that feelings do change. thank you again - it is so good to know I am not alone xx