PDA

View Full Version : Brain tumour? Vertigo, head pulling back sensation.

lelespears
31-03-12, 09:18
I am so scared I have a brain tumour, I have been getting headaches and vertigo its awful comes out of nowhere. I'll suddenly feel like the floor moves, I'm on a swaying boat or the room tilts, also feel like I'm falling back when I lie down. My face kinda feels pressure too over my nose eyes & ears.

Dr have me some pills saying it could be a inner ear imbalance. The pills haven't helped yet been on them 2 days...

I'm so scared & worried about my next attack!!!

Please help.

Lele x

---------- Post added at 07:50 ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 ----------

Also if I stare at something like a light or the tv then look away or blink I still see the image in my vision :(

---------- Post added at 09:18 ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 ----------

Nobody can relate?

Lele x

honeyb
31-03-12, 09:44
I can, i get this most of the time, also sometimes if i stare at the floor it looks as though its breathing. I also get a lot of head pressure, dizziness and feeling as though i will drop to the floor, its terrifying. I get lots of other feelings too.

---------- Post added at 09:44 ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 ----------

I can i get these sypmtoms too somethings, awful head pressure which makes me feel dizzy. Sometimes if i stare at the floor, it looks as though its breathing. I also get sensations of being pulled to one side. Its horrible i know. I'm convinced that there is something wrong with my brain too.:weep:

Mick081081
31-03-12, 09:46
Hi Lele,
Sounds like anxiety to me with a few panic attacks thrown in for good measures. I was the same about 7 weeks ago I convinced myself I had a brain tumour and got stuck in fear mode which only made the symptoms worse. Remember when you are scared your adrenalin levels rise and the more adrenalin in your blood stream the worse you will feel. It's the body's way of defence against a threat you've probably heard the phrase "fight or flight" adrenalin causes this so we fight the thing that's scaring us or run as fast as we can away from it. Trouble with anxiety is you can't fight it or run away from it so get stuck in this situation you are in.

Your blood pressure will probably rise which creates headaches, pressure in your face, vertigo symptoms and dodgy vision but dont worry it wont harm you its your natural defences kicking in again. You may have an inner ear infection so stick with the tablets but most likely it's dreaded anxiety.

No googling symptons go an get in a hot bath to open up your blood vessels and make sure that you are eating to keep your energy levels up. I took paracetamol for the headaches and it touch the edge off them.

Being in fear is horrible but once you accept theres nothing wrong you will gradually calm down and feel better over time but it will take a while as your nerves are sensitised and waiting for the next bout of panic/fear.

Hope you feel better soon and try to do something that takes your mind off of it like reading a book. Take care.

Mick.

honeyb
31-03-12, 09:50
My biggest problem is googling my symptoms. At work the slightest feeling and straight on google. I can't seem to help myself.

emeraldgirl
31-03-12, 09:58
It does sound like an ear infection or blocked sinuses or possible a build up of ear wax. I have had all these symptoms and it was down to my ears but thats not to say i wasn't very scared and like you thought it was a brain tumour. Everyone else is right but its easier said than done to try and keep calm as anxiety really does make everything feel worse

lelespears
31-03-12, 10:04
Thanks guys really appreciate the help. Just finding this symptom so overwhelming :(

Thanks for helping though :hugs:

Lele x

sherylee xx
31-03-12, 14:31
sounds like your sinuses are playin up mate xx

lelespears
31-03-12, 21:20
I've been using to nose sprays but it's not helping..

AnxiousAnnie18
01-04-12, 13:13
That sounds like anxiety to me, I used to get the same sort of symptoms when I suffered with health anxiety. Maybe ask to get your ears checked as maybe it will help if you have them syringed? (I had this done because of a wax build up but really helped)

lelespears
01-04-12, 18:24
Hi

Thanks, my dr checked my ears said they looked fine. I'm really scared cause I googled and found a post from a man writing about his wife's symptoms that were identical to mine and she had a brain tumour that was growing into her sinuses!!

Lele x

miss sparkle
01-04-12, 19:12
i used to have alot of dizziness and headaches with unbalanced feeling when laid down.
mine was anxiety and i found when i focused off the symptoms they went.
easier said than done i know x