PDA

View Full Version : Really worried, any advise much appreciated

Annelou
31-03-12, 08:01
I'm after a little bit of advise/ reassurance if any body can help. A few weeks ago I ended up in hospital I felt dizzy/ lightheaded and sick my left side of my face was numb round my forehead and under my eye and I had an horrendous head ache, they did a ct scan a lumber all clear and I saw a neurologist who did all the tests and everything seems fine, looks like it wad all down anxiety which I found pretty hard to except but I really have been trying to stop stressing about it, I've started setraline and have been referred for therapy to help my anxiety.
However the face thing has not gone away it's been two weeks and it still feels numb and now it's started tingling on my forehead and into my scalp, I also feel something like a pressure round my eye. If it was coming and going I wouldn't be so worried but it's constant and I'm really starting to get freaked out. The ct was without contrast so im worried it's missed something. Anyone else experienced the tingling could it be anxiety?

Em84
31-03-12, 08:12
Hiya

I get tingling all the time, around the face, arms and legs...along with the numbness.

I had a panic attack ages ago around 2am in the morning, my legs were so numb and I honestly thought I was going to die, I felt very dizzy and weak...was close to calling the ambulance. I literally was pinching my legs and it didn't hurt or anything....

Ended up calling gas company, thought I CM poisoning and they came out and turned the gas off lol...funny now but at the time it really wasn't.

Remember its also coming into allergy season....

I think that you had these tests are good...I've never had tests for anything, doctor never puts me forward for them so I never get that solid reassurance

I'm sure your ok, anxiety is a horrible thing....

Xxx

Annelou
31-03-12, 08:23
Thank you Hun, i thought I was doing a bit better but I feel awful today full of worry, it's my little girls 3rd bday party later and she's so excited so I need to pull myself around and have a big smile for her. I'm thinking it may be the setraline, as it's only my second week and I've heard you can feel worse before you get better.

Calling the gas company is def something I would do too! Xx