PDA

View Full Version : Acid reflux.

MissSunshine
31-03-12, 13:42
I have been on meds for acid reflux for the past month, ranitidine (zantac)

I finished my last dosage 2 days ago, today i have woken up with acid at the back of my throat thats making me feel sick! :(

I dont really want to go on meds all my life, i want to know why im getting this acid?! the meds gave me digestive problems (gas) which left my tummy feeling bloated. I want to know if anyone else suffers with acid reflux and what you'd recommend.
thanks
X

nomorepanic
31-03-12, 14:08
Have the docs talked to you about your diet?

Also smoking and alcohol will really aggrevate it

MissSunshine
31-03-12, 14:23
Hi I am a non smoker and I don't drink, they havent asked me anything I just ask for meds and they give, they dont seem to worried!

Could it be my diet then? I have a cereal for breakfast, sandwich for lunch, and normally meat veg and potatoes for dinner, chocolate as a treat for evenings.

Could anxiety be causing acid?

nomorepanic
31-03-12, 14:35
Try ditching the chocolate

Anxiety can cause it too but watch the foods you eat as well

MissSunshine
31-03-12, 15:12
Thats my only treat ! :( but il give it a go

nomorepanic
31-03-12, 15:55
I only say that as we have another member who loves chocolate but when she gives it up the acid stuff goes away so just try it and see

MissSunshine
31-03-12, 16:09
I will defiantly give it up for a while to see, as this acid is horrible stuff!!

will it be ok to have a pain rich tea as a treat?
x

LittleMissSleepy
31-03-12, 19:46
will it be ok to have a pain rich tea as a treat?
x
MissSunshine try subbing the choc for caramel or caramac. It's tough, I was a choc-o-holic but the cravings do go after 6 weeks. As for a rich tea biccie it should be fine but I wouldn't class that as a treat ;)

xfilme
31-03-12, 19:48
I have bad reflux. im on a months Omeprazole for it and I dont want to stay on it forever. I dont think its my diet doing it. For me Im guessing its my weight :S

LittleMissSleepy
03-04-12, 21:13
Regarding chocolate, apparently it acts as a relaxant and the LES can let more acid into the gullet.