PDA

View Full Version : sat waiting for side effects to kick in :(

sazlebazle
31-03-12, 14:07
hi all,
im new to this so sorry if ive placed this in the wrong place basically ive suffered with anxiety for years but the mild depression has only come on in the last few weeks as im just getting fed up with it all now im due to go on holiday in 3 weeks so thought id get myself to the doctors and try getting this sorted ..... she put me on citropram (as ive had bad reactions in the past to prozac etc) on 20mg but after reading the leaflet i really freaked myself out and decided against it but after talking to my doctor again yesterday i decided to take the plunge and ive started taking 10mg at tea time which i did last night today i dont feel to bad a little edgy clamy mouth and abit heady hard to explain but i feel like im just sat here waiting for the side effects to start when do they normally begin or am i gonna be a lucky one and not feel to bad ..... its driving me crazy and to be honest that dosent take much :( i just want to feel better for my holidays with my son :)

---------- Post added at 13:07 ---------- Previous post was at 13:03 ----------

oh and im feeling like ive got a headace and a palpatation feeling ??? its like waiting for the enemy to strike lol ......

Ingenious
31-03-12, 15:15
That sounds encouraging. I remember when I took Citalopram the side effects started within 20 mins of taking the tablet and for the first week or so the worst effects were within a few hours of each tablet. So what you've said sounds positive, if you took one yesterday and don't feel too bad then you may well indeed be one of the lucky ones who are not hit too badly. I've a couple of friends too who don't feel any side effects at all when they start Citalopram, so it is not uncommon.

sazlebazle
31-03-12, 15:26
i hope so i can live with a heady feeling for a few days if thats how long it lasts ive also got a slight tight chest this afternoon but i think thats more to my anxiety (i do suffer with asthma) fingers crossed this is the worst ill get :)

tomc_21
31-03-12, 17:32
I'm on day 2 of Citalopram on 20mg a day and i can sympathise, i'm lucky that i haven't had any palpitations yet as i think those would worry me a bit :P unfortunately i've the headache has been going pretty strong since an hour or two after my first dose and hasn't let up much yet, some nausea too which i really don't like. Hopefully we'll both be feeling right as rain in a week or two though :) it'll be worth it in the long run! :) PM me if you ever need a chat or anything

Tom

sazlebazle
31-03-12, 17:52
i take mine at tea time so hopefully and nasty side affects i get in my sleep well thats the plan this evening im slightly of my food but ive eaten some as they say its better to take the cit on food, my anxiety is slightly high also as my chest is a little tight and it does that when im a little panicky fingers crossed things will be easy going im only on 10mg but eventually my doc wants me on 20 :/