PDA

View Full Version : plz help really scared

anx mum
31-03-12, 19:03
For the past 3 weeks ive had a constant cough and a cold nothing was helping my cough and because it was constant it was hurting my chest in between my breasts like a dull ache. Went to my gp who put me on antibiotics two lots finished these still got a cough and my chest feels sore im really scared cos today had an ache in left arm not sure whats going on but scared can anyone help?:weep:

LilysMummy
31-03-12, 19:35
Hiya, i have a cold atm too, and ache around my shoulders! I know anxiety can give you aches and pains ect, i have them in my arm when i panic about things, hope this helps a little xx

lalouba
31-03-12, 23:18
Hello love,

I have had the same thing for three months now, to the point where I'm coughing so much that my ribs and back ache, and like you, it sometimes spreads to my arm.

I too was put on antibiotics and they did nothing! No surprise there as I wasn't actually coughing up anything, it was just a dry cough that seemed to occur at least 20-50 times a day (worse at night and first thing in the morning but still ongoing through the daytime.)

I went back to the docs and he is convinced its allergies, so he gave me an antihistamine nasal spray which actually seems to be helping. It could also, apparently, be adult onset asthma which I'm being tested for on Wednesday! He prescribed me an inhaler, and I have to say, I'm noticing a difference already, even after just a few days!

Do you get any other symptoms? Like a whistling/wheezing breath sometimes, or a tight chest/shortness of breath?

x

Em84
01-04-12, 06:25
Hi

Exactly same drama Above

I have something going on since December, I've had a throat infection which I reckon is from all the coughing....also I've been on antibiotics 3 times, different ones.

I cough all day long and the same about a nasty dry cough which is worse in the evening and affecting my sleep as the coughing wakes me up. I thought I had a sinus infection as I have a lot of yellow and clear mucus which keeps blowing out of nose...in the day when coughing you can hear all the phlegm rattling...its horrid...

I've been having back pain, chest pains...this is def from coughing...coughing too much will def put strain on the muscles in those areas.

As I never have a fever, doctor said could be allergy and put me on beconase nasal spray last week....to be honest it's not doing anything...I'm worried my house had damp now or something...

I'm gonna give it another week the. If no improvement go back to GP.

Good luck Hun, don't worry your def not alone in this....

Xxx