PDA

View Full Version : Sinus infection?

WorriedMan
31-03-12, 22:01
For the last month I have had chronic throbbing headaches, brief stabbing headaches and felt an increase in pressure in my forehead and nose.

Throughout the day I am mostly okay, occasionally some throbbing in the upper right. But upon doing things such as: exercising, bending over, coughing or sneezing, and sometimes nothing, out of nowhere I get a very sharp splitting headache in my forehead, slightly to the upper right above my eyebrows and occasionally on the left side too in a similar area. This usually only lasts a few seconds, and is followed by a brief period of grogginess and the return of the throbbing headaches.

I often feel like i'm swallowing lots of mucus (particularly in the morning), and at times have a sore throat and a dry cough. One funny symptom I get which can go along with the headaches, but sometimes spontaneously happens on its own, is a feeling like my nose is going to burst with pressure and start gushing blood. Like the headache, this lasts maybe 5 seconds and passes. I have often found traces of blood in the mucus in both nostrils.

I have had a history of migraines in the past, and came off propranolol last month (around the time this started) due to some heart palpitations and tachycardia, but this just seems different - the sharpness and briefness is unlike before, and the bursting feeling is a little worrying. Sometimes decongestants, sprays, paracetamol or diclofenac help, other times they do nothing. :unsure:

I had phoned the doctor on thursday to go back on other medications I was on for migraine originally, but is it worth going for an appointment next week to check my sinuses too?

Em84
01-04-12, 06:34
Def....

Me see my other posts....

I've been having sinus issues since December and the doctor thinks it could be an allery problem

Xxx

PinkRoxy
01-04-12, 10:24
yes I would. I have sinus alot of the time. I had a sinus infection not long ago and was feeling unwell with headaches and a sore throat and went to the doctor and got antibiotics and felt heaps better from it.

I think maybe you should go on a course of antibiotics too. Also i would get something like a nasal spray I am on flixonase to help with preventing it happening again.

Anyway all the best aye.