PDA

View Full Version : Having a bad day :(

xfilme
31-03-12, 22:10
My health anxiety has been going up and down like crazy lately. its really getting out of hand again.

For the past month, my fears have mostly been regarding my neck and a fear of throat cancer. Ive occasional concerns with my chest as well, like a rib that feels a little tender.

Last night I only got two hour sleep, because I kept wimpering as I drifted of to sleep. I dont know why I do it. Im not aware of it until it wakes me up. I sound like a pining doc.... or like Im trapped in a dream and trying to get out of it. It always happens at that moement between being awake and dropping off to sleep.

Earlier this evening, I went to make dinner and opened a tin of tuna. What with the fact that working tin openers dont appear to exist, I only managed to partially open the tin. It was still slightly joined on opposite sides. Stupidly, I took the end of the tin opener and tried to prise it open. As it flicked open, my hand somehow flung up and i wacked my knuckle against the lid id just cut open and my finger started bleeding.

Its probably just over a millimeter deep. A straight line, just above my knuckle on my index finger on my right hand. I opened the cut and ran cold water over it. The i wiped it over with an antiseptic swab from the first aid kit, and then put a plaster on top.

Within minutes, I was panicking because it was metal and dirty from the oily fish... and started worrying about Tetanus. My brother told me there was nothing to worry about. My dad told me there was nothing to worry about.... but im worrying all the same.

So I decided to try and chill out and take my mind off stuff. So I sat down to watch an episode of something, and within 5 minutes, a character is sitting on a bed and she makes this weird whiney noise as she's falling asleep..... and the doc gets called in and she's told she has pneumonia... so my brain thinks back to the noise I make... and the tender rib... and I start freaking about the possibility I have pneumonia.

I need some help. Im like this all the time. This week alone, I have already thought Ive had throat cancer, skin cancer, a facial abnormality, thyroid problems, cushings syndrome, pneumonia and tetanus.

Someone talk some sense into me. Im sick to death of feeling scared ALL the time.

I need a break from it. HELP :(

Mz
31-03-12, 22:49
I know it is really unpleasant health anxiety .I am suffering with it really bad too but you are not alone

michellew
31-03-12, 22:53
Its amazing how like me you sound! I have had the exact same fears for the past few months - Throat cancer, chest problems (although I had myself convinced I had TB.) I wish I could get a break from all of this too but unfortunately I'm getting my tonsils out on monday because I'm convinced I have tonsil cancer and waiting on my results from that will be a nightmare for the next week or so! With regards to the sleeping, I get headaches and falling sensations the moment before I fall asleep that jolt me awake which I know are from anxiety: I can't imagine the whimpering sounds being anything different. Think about it, did you ever once get that symptom before you started to worry about your health? Also tuna cans are LETHAL! :( Happens to me all the time, so much so I'm scared to open them myself anymore. I suggest getting the ring pull cans!

When you have anxiety it seems like the world doesn't want you to forget about it. Everything reminds you that you're feeling different to everyone else. Its a horrible feeling and no one ever seems to understand that you can't just 'stop worrying.' Just try go out, go for a walk someday and appreciate how beautiful the world can be and how small your worries can seem once you find your own way to relax. Stay strong!