PDA

View Full Version : Tiredness and Panic

Meltdown
01-04-12, 13:04
What is it about being tired that triggers anxiety and PAs? I have sorted out many of the areas of my life, but I know that as soon as I get tired, and have to do something (like a car journey), my breathing becomes shallow, my chest tightens, and I feel like something heavy is about to drop on me! Iti is then only a matter of time before a full blown panic attack ensues!

I know it is a psychologal issue, rather than a physical one, but no amount of breathing control, etc helps. The feelings only subside when I am home, and can relax!

kittikat
01-04-12, 13:55
Well I seem to be tired all the time....I think the constant battles inside my head really wear me out lol. I'm trying so hard not to let the anxiety win but it's a powerful entity. I usually find I'm worse in the mornings but it can hit me at any time...when least expected. And I know what you mean about when you know you have to do something....those oh so frightening feelings and thoughts...such a vicious circle. Home is my safe place too but it still likes to invade my space, even here.
I hope you have a good day. Stay positive.....Kitti :)