PDA

View Full Version : Poorly and worried

shelley1813
01-04-12, 19:16
Hi can anyone offer any support? Went to docs couple ov months ago and had to repeat blood test as white blood count was low. Feared lukeimia repeated bloods and they were ok!!!! Last week went to docs and they said I had viral tonsilitus been so poorly with cough cold aches and pains and so tired all the time still do t feel good with no smell or taste and aches on face, panicking as thinking I've got lukeimia again and this is why I'm poorly. Please help and sorry xxx

---------- Post added at 19:16 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

Anyone.....??????

Mick081081
01-04-12, 20:06
Hi Shelley,

Years ago my white blood count was dodgy and it's because I had a nasty infection. I was worried sick at the hospital but it soon cleared up and all went back to normal after a course of strong anti biotics.

Your body is attacking the infection so you are going to feel rough until it clears up. I would say don't worry but health anxiety is a beast and know you will be worried sick. Try to do something to take your mind off of it and get a nice hot bath and no googling symptoms that will definitely make you worse. Remember the doctor has said its an infection and wouldn't think twice about sending you straight to hospital if he thought there was even a small chance it was something more sinister.

Hope this helps you slightly. Take care.

Mick.

shelley1813
01-04-12, 20:10
Mick thank so much, your so right when you say health anxiety is. Beast I just think I'm doing well and them something else happens x

Mick081081
01-04-12, 20:15
Try not to get wrapped up in it I know it's easier said than done, there's no chance your doctor would miss something like that he/she would be in so much trouble so rest assured it is just a viral infection and nothing more. Hope you manage to calm down a bit as know the feeling all too well myself but just started citalopram so hopefully it'll help me towards killing the anxiety beast once and for all. Take care.

Mick.