PDA

View Full Version : What's causing the feeling in my head?

Ditapage
01-04-12, 19:40
My head feels like it wants to explode, literally. It's not an excruciating pain, but it's extremely uncomfortable. I feel pressure in my nose and forehead and it builds to the feeling that I'm going to pass out and my head will burst. I can make it worse with excitement so I figure it has something to do with adrenaline? It makes me want to pace up and down. I get a touch of feelings of unreality, and strained eyes with it, too. Sometimes there's pain in my eyebrow with it. Does anybody know what I'm talking about? I don't often have a panic attack with a racing heart but it's always this head pressure...which also makes the back of my neck sore. Can anyone relate and know what's causing it?

angel wings
01-04-12, 21:02
hi
may be a sinus problem as my head feels like that sometimes

emmasaurus
02-04-12, 10:19
Panic manifests itself in different ways. I too experience these symptoms when I feel anxious - the pressure in my head, nose and eyes. Sometimes I feel it in my ears. As you say, it isn't exactly painful, just very uncomfortable. As though your head's in a vice, or someone's pinching your nose (do you find, as I do, that breathing becomes difficult? It feels a bit like having a cold at times; that narrowing of your nasal passage). I've been assured (many times) that anxiety's behind it, though.

mollymalloy
03-04-12, 09:16
Hi have also had those same symptoms and they flare up every now and then, just had that yesterday. The forehead, eyebrows, nose, eyes and ears. And like emmasaurus it does feel a bit like a cold. My Muscles at the back of my neck are also sore. In one of my threads I posted about scalp exercises and I have found them very helpfull to relieve these symptoms.

xvolatileheart
03-04-12, 22:23
That's exactly how my headaches feel. I also notice that when I breathe in deeply, it seems to make the pain worse momentarily, like my brain is getting too much oxygen. I think they fit the definition of tension headaches, which can be caused/exacerbated by stress and anxiety. When I'm feeling well, I have a lot less of those headaches (but lately, I've had it nearly everyday, annoying!)

Kevin123
10-04-12, 20:02
Hi there. My symptoms are the same. My eyeball also feels painfull and that is when i start panicking that i am having a stroke. Usually the symptoms occur on either the left or right side of my head. I used to chew gum to elleviate this, however as my GP explained, it only makes it worse. He prescribed trepiline in the evenings and i will keep you posted. What helps me, is to take an ativan under the tounge and sip water five minutes later.