PDA

View Full Version : Obsessed with thoughts of cancer

lisak789
02-04-12, 00:04
I feel like I am losing my mind! I am so so scared that I have cancer. After I lost my baby at 37 weeks I have had bad breast pain on the right side. It isn't always a really bad pain but it's always there. It also goes into my upper arm and it feels kind of like a lump in my upper arm. I have had a mammogram , ultrasound on the right breast, cheats x ray, shoulder x ray, all kinds of blood work and a chest ct scan. Everything comes back good and they find everything is normal I still won't believe them because I have this right breast and shoulder pain that won't go away. I am worried that they are going to miss a cancer and I am going to die from it. It's so bad that I have considers suicide so I don't have to worry anymore. What should I do? What could the breast Pain be after three mOnths?

southernbelle
02-04-12, 01:48
I have a similar problem on my left side. My pain sometimes is in my breast, but it is in my armpit, too. I've had the ultra sounds, too. They found nothing, but I still have the pain. It's always on my ONE side & the other is totally fine.
For breast pain, my doctor told me to cut back on the caffine, salt & up my vitamins (especially B). If you've had all of those test done, it seems that they would have caught anything wrong. I know that I'm saying this as I worry about my pain, right now...but I understand how horrible it can be to live without answers...

---------- Post added at 20:48 ---------- Previous post was at 20:39 ----------

PS. The thoughts of suicide to rid yourself of the worry is NOT the answer. Please, it may be time to talk to a therapist or your doctor to really express your concerns. It isn't worrying that much...I'm sorry for your loss at 37 weeks. I had severe post partum preeclampsia a few years back & that is when my health anxiety kicked in to a whole new level...I'm friends with several women through a support group whom have experienced loss of their angels & now are dealing with horrible anxiety, too...it's like we're trying to focus misplaced emotions...

suzy-sue
02-04-12, 01:52
Im so sorry about your loss ..:hugs:After you have been pregnant your hormones are all over the place .This can cause your Breast area to become tender and sore .I too have pain sometimes in my left side .I saw a Consultant and had the tests ,Nothing was found .He said it was due to Hormones ..Good advice from the previous poster ..Also take some High strength Evning Primrose oil 3 times a day .It does help ,as it regulates Hormones .The Dr advised me to do this .Your bound to still be feeling emotional and depressed after what happened to you .But the tests you have had would have picked up anything serious .Please believe me ..It will take a while for you to come to terms with what has happened .and for your body to get back to normal ..But try to be positive things will heal given time .T/C Sue x:hugs:

Em84
02-04-12, 08:46
Hi....

I am so sorry for your loss....

Can I ask, how long ago was it? Did you have a C section?

The reason I ask, is when I had my 2nd baby via C section (2nd CSection) I was left with for up to a month severe pain in either my left or right arm I can't remember exactly which one...
The pain was around my shoulder blade and the top area on one side of my chest...I had to take pain killers as I couldn't even sleep because of the pain. The reason for my pain was when having a C section your parts get moved all over and you can get air trapped...this is exactly what the problem was, the nurse confirmed this for me.

By a month or so after it had gone...

Xxx

miss sparkle
02-04-12, 09:00
hi, i just wanted to reply to you, as i can relate to your feelings. i am currently worrying about breast arm problems, and i have had a ultrasound and cannot believe there is nothing wrong.
i can't say i feel suicidal, but i do think about dying alot at the minute.
i wish i could feel healthy and happy again.

Annelou
02-04-12, 10:50
Hi

I am so sorry for your loss, it must be a very difficult time for you. I know how hard it is to be convinced they is something wrong with you when all your test come back clear, HA is an awful thing, but you have to try and take some comfort in the fact that the tests would have picked up on something serious however difficult that may be.

You are not losing your mind, though I know exactly how you feel my Heath anxiety all started with a breast scare after my 3rd pregnancy and since then I have just gone from one thing to another convincing myself I have cancer even tho all my tests always come back clear.

I really hope you get the help and support you need to get through this very difficult time, do you have anyone you can talk to about how you feel? It is really important people around you are aware of how you are feeling at the moment.

Xxx

oscrazymum
02-04-12, 11:06
Sorry to hear what happened to you. I think it's quite natural to worry a lot after something so awful has happened. I have a friend who lost her child at 6 months to a horrible illness and she is incredibly anxious about her health as a consequence. Just to say that i think it's a natural response.