PDA

View Full Version : Stuggling to Not Worry & Google

southernbelle
02-04-12, 01:35
Hi, friends. My left underarm & shoulder have been hurting on & off now for over a year. I've been seen by doctors, had ultra sound done for lymph nodes (about 9 months ago), but I haven't a diagnosis. There are NO lumps/lymph nodes present...
I'm still hurting. I'm worried. Logically, I know that if my doctors were concerned, they would have done further testing. However, the pain is still there. Why does it keep coming back? Why can't I get a diagnosis or name the pain? I want to research it, myself...Why can't I just be normal & not think & obsess about it?
I'm about to head down that anxiety road that makes me spiral out of control into full on obsessing.
HELP, please! Any words of wisdom? Anyone with the same kind of pains that come back? I feel very alone...:weep:

Em84
02-04-12, 08:24
Hi Hun....

Please don't Dr Google anything,,,,,please! It's the worst possible thing you can do. I have a huge amount of mucus etc at the min..the doctor has told me allergies....Dr Google says HIV not helpful lol

Anxiety can cause a lot of pains, I have random pains that come and go..,in my legs and my arms. When we are anxious our body's will automatically tense up...in a way we are working the muscles by doing this..say if we went running our legs will prob hurt the next day (calf muscles)

You've had some good tests and they didn't find anything, in this case I'm pretty sure it's nothing serious...

Xxx

sarahb
02-04-12, 08:25
Hi,I totally understand how you feel. I have pains in my leg that come & go. I think if things come & go they wont be anything bad. They really wouldnt go if it were bad . I get all sorts of aches & pains & when i focus on them they def get worse which i think kind of proves the mind over matter theory in a way. Try & think when the pain is worse & see if you can work out if anything triggers it. Please dont worry,I'm sure you are fine. Sarah

southernbelle
03-04-12, 03:19
Thank you! I did not Google! I kind of feel like an addict that needs help sometimes to get through a tough spot. I am still having the pain BUT I'm taking the meds & hoping that it gets better, soon!

kittycay
06-04-12, 15:06
Hello I am quite new here and I am worried about somethig I have developed, I have back pains all across the rib cage on my back short stabbing pains all over and I have a slight cough with phlegm and I have googled (I know I shoudnt have) and its got me really worried I have something sinister. I have been to the Docs and she is sending me for blood tests but has listened to my chest and seems not bothered but these pains wont go away I have them 24/7. I worry alot about my health and I have chronic Anxiety and panic attacks and I just feel generally unwell, is this anxiety doing this to me ??? and help would be appreciated thank you x