PDA

View Full Version : Ranitidine tablets to take before caesearen section

xJust_Sarahx
02-04-12, 09:40
hi
im having an elective section tommorrow and they gave me two Ranitidine tablets to take, one 10pm the night before (which is tonight) and one 6am in the morning (tommorrow) its to reduce acid on stomach and stop feeling sick etc. i was just wondering if anyone else has taken them and are there any known side affects? i hate takin new tablets even though theres just 2, im scared im going to have a breathing allergic reaction :( thanks

LeMa79
02-04-12, 14:21
I have taken these in the past for indigestion - AMAZING!!! Not sure about side effects. I am 28 weeks pregnant and on Omeprazole for my indigestion now. Good luck for your section, and congratulations :D

MissSunshine
02-04-12, 17:11
Hi I have been on these tablets twice in the past, for a month at a time I was on 150 mg, the only side affect i got was bad gas and bloated tummy, but there so safe, the doc said you can even get these over the counter.
So dont worry!! I am terrible when it comes to talking tablets i always think about the side effects.
Good luck and congrats!!! :)

debs180
02-04-12, 19:41
hi....i took these b4 my elective c-section 14months ago, i was nervous as well but i was fine, i didnt get any side effects (cant remember what any of them are) you will be fine hun! just think of your little bundle that will be joining you tomorrow :) good luck with everything and many congrats for tomorrow :D xxx

Em84
03-04-12, 07:17
Hi....

Good luck!

Had my second E C-Section 6 mths ago...I took those pills also....

Was absolutely fine, considering I have a fear of the meds...the only thing I couldn't stand was that at the hospital I was last in Q for a section and could have a drink of anything....lol

You'll be fine...

Xxx

Magic
04-04-12, 18:58
You will be fine Meds ok. good luck with with every:hugs:thing

Greenman50
04-04-12, 19:35
There just double strentgh OTC zantac 75 (both contain the active ingreidient ranitidine) , the only difference if the precription ones are 150 g and the otc ones 75 g .
I,ve had them on and off for years no problems