PDA

View Full Version : HIV from blood on toilet seat

SH2727
02-04-12, 12:39
Hi everyone,

I am sure I am fine, but just wanted some reassurance before I start getting obsessed! Over the weekend I stopped off at services and used the toilet. As I was leaving the cubicle I noticed blood on toilet seat and around the rim of the basin. It wasn't a huge amount.

Could I catch HIV from this? I am trying to be reasonable about the fact the person probably didn't have HIV etc. but you know what it is like being a Health Anxiety sufferer!!!!

Many thanks.

:)

janei
02-04-12, 13:21
Please don't fret any more. The HIV virus doesn't live for very long outside the human body and I bet that you didn't go anywhere near the blood anyway when you sat down.
You have nothing to worry about. HIV cannot be caught from toilet seats.

Jane x

SH2727
02-04-12, 13:36
Thanks Jane, you know what it's like when you get a bee in your bonnet about something to do with health!!

Thanks for replying and have a good day. x

davey2k12
02-04-12, 13:39
yeah i would say your chances of contracting hiv from that were severely minimal too non existent but if you feel its going too worry you wait 3 months then book an appointment at your local g.u.m clinic te results should be back in just over a week and you can rest .... i say 3 months because there is a 3 month window period where tests might not pick up the virus etc etc good luck

london
02-04-12, 14:19
hiv blood on you is nothing to worry about
it had to be blood to blood dont worrry
god bless