PDA

View Full Version : im new x

joeliwalker93
02-04-12, 17:13
hiya im joeli and im 18 years old and i have never posted on a site like this before, i just read threw them and think 'oh so other people do experience what im going through' in my mind i think i have something terribly wrong with me but im just getting the symptoms of anxiety:( some days are ok and some days are very bad, like today had a terrible anxiety attack and needed to get home quick were i felt safe.

nomorepanic
02-04-12, 17:15
Hi joeliwalker93

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

MrRedShirt
02-04-12, 17:21
Hello!

I'm new too, I signed up a couple of hours ago.

Everyone seems very friendly here so I'm sure you'll get a warm welcome. :)

joeliwalker93
02-04-12, 17:33
thank you, i just want some re-assurance because i feel like its taking over my life.

Pipkin
02-04-12, 17:56
Hi Joeli and a warm :welcome:

You'll see that you have lots in common with the majority of us and I hope you find some ways to deal with your anxiety. I know how hard it can be to live with but, as you'll have read, it is possible to find ways to cope.

Take care

Pip x

lee20
02-04-12, 18:03
hi and :welcome: to nmp. their are some lovely people on this site who will support you through the good and bad. its a great place to be. you are not alone. take care

lee :D

Oink
02-04-12, 18:20
Hey Joel

I'm a relatively newbie, but you can absolutely be reassured. We can all relate to how you feel and even better, there is lots you can do to get better. From self help, to counselling, to exercise, to medication and possibly much more we are still to discover about. You'll find out all about it on here.

Good luck, and I think joining here will prove to be a big step towards recovery.

Oink

joeliwalker93
02-04-12, 18:31
thank you very much for all your comments, i have been through all this before when i was in school building up to my gcse's but then once i did it and my mind was occupied with starting college and meeting new people i seemed to have forgotten about it, i was fine for around 1,2 years and then my nan started getting poorly and she has sadly passed away. She played a massive part in my life as i lived with her and my anxiety has come back with a vengeance and i cannot for the life of me shake it off!! i am currently receiving counselling but i feel like its in my mind and i need to sort it myself? if that makes sense to anybody, replies and own exp would be very much appreciated x