PDA

View Full Version : Ive got a hen night and had to explain my probs

sarah
12-05-04, 22:12
Hiya All

As I said, Ive got a hen night to go to on Satuday night..its a surprise for a not to close but friendly mate of mine. Didnt think it would be a problem..you know go for a few drinks and make my excuses before nightclub time and go home...job done, no problem.

Only thing is they are all going to meet up in a pub in wimbledon, go to the theatre to see The Full Monty then on to a chinese restaurant in another local town. Sounds great and yes previously I would have been jumping with excitement only now im jumping with nerves...lol

Well as the hen isnt organising it ive just had to call her cousin who is doing it all and find out the info.

Anyway, before she went into all the details I felt I had to let her in on my little panic problem and tell her I couldnt make it to the theatre..(dont even like cinema's with hubby who is my 'safe' person).

Fully expecting her to go a bit quiet and say 'ok no probs' etc she talked me through the entire plan for the evening, said she would call the theatre and put me a ticket on hold until one hour before it opened and get me a seat on the end in case I needed to walk about or leave or anything. She even said if I didnt turn up she would understand and she might see me at the restaurant or just for a quick drink in the pub before the theatre.

This girl doesnt know me from adam but she was soooo understanding I was amazed...my faith in the human race has been restored :)

Im so pleased I told her as if I hadnt she wouldnt have made me feel so at ease and I would have just made excuses and not gone at all and missed out on the stage version of what has to be one of the funniest film ive seen :D.

Im going to try my best and go..after all, how hard can it be???[:I]

love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

Laurie28
13-05-04, 10:00
Sarah,

I think what you have done is fantastic, many of us would have just not went!!!!

I'm so glad this person gave you some good options and I do hope you go and have a great time

Let us know how you get on eh!!

Love
Lucky

PS The Full Monty is a FANTASTIC film!!!

twister
13-05-04, 11:25
you go for it Sarah - it's a fun play not a 'serious' one so the atmosphere will be good and I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself. After all the worse that can happen is that you'll go home

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

Tessie28
13-05-04, 11:36
hi sarah,
you go for it. we will want to hear all about it after:D
love from
tess

pips
14-05-04, 12:11
Hi Sarah,
Firstly well done for having the confidence to explain your prob's to the cousin.

I'm so glad they understood. It really makes you feel better when people understand or show you that little bit of empathy. Rather then just laugh or stay silent as they don't know what to say! Or worse still say don't be silly you will be fine AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH! Like they really know how difficult it can be!!

Any way I wish you the best of luck.

Pretend the theatre is in your living room! LOL well you could have people dancing in front of you in your front room (possibly!) LOL You never know you may find you get so engrossed in the show you might even forget it! for a couple of hrs! When I go to the cinema etc I tend to look at it as a form of escapism! plus I like the popcorn :0)LOL

It's a really funny film so the live show should be ace. Laughter is a good tonic!!

As my job as a care assistant for blind/partically sighted & some with special needs teenagers. I have to take them places or to see films\shows i wouldn't nessasary go to myself & i always dread it. But there has been a couple of occcassions I have actually suprised my self as it wasn't as bad as I thought! So you never know you might suprise yourself in a good way not a panicky way!!

Good luck & let us know how you get on!

Take care

Love PIP'S XX

Meg
14-05-04, 16:55
Hi Sarah,

What a lovely, encouraging response.

It would have made me feel so much more comfortable and stronger going - just knowing that she knew.

Whats the bet that someone close to her has suffered ?

Have a lovely time. Good luck.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

sarah
16-05-04, 17:42
hiya Guys

Well partly due to the fact that I didnt want to stay in with my 'lovely' husband and a sense of self motivation that if I didnt make the effort I would be kicking myself..I went!!!

I was going with a friend who made her way over to mine and we set off to get to Wimbledon by 7. (another thing of mine is that I dont like having the responsibility of people in the car with me..makes me panic too).

We got there fine, I found a parking space nice and close, we got a drink in the pub and found the rest of the 'hens'. Got into the theatre at 7:30 and we were up in the gods seats..couldnt have got any higher unless we sat on the lighting mans lap...lol....here sets in the 'oh my god its so high im gonna fall'..lol.

Anyway, got through the show ok, only a couple of minor wobbles, I got the promised seat on the end but didnt need to escape after all!!!

My friend and I didnt go for the meal after but then she was ill anyway and it was 10:30 by the time it finished anyway so I took her home to the other side of Croydon (for those of you who dont know its quite a way and it felt like 100 miles to me...lol)

For those of you thinking of maybe going to see it...I only have ths to say. I paid 20 quid to sit through a show which had none of the origional music and all the actors had american accents (not a whiff of sexy Robert Carlysle and his sexy northern accent in sight).
The show did stick closely to the origional film plot but having said all that..i guess it was worth it as we all got to see 6 MENS WILLIES AND BUMS...lol (even if we were too far away to see properly - like I was gonna spend 50p on binoculars????).

All in all a well needed good night out. After I dropped my mate off it took me half an hour to get home which I would normally be bricking it but I was so proud of myself that I wacked up the stereo and sang my heart out all the way home :)

love Sarah
xx

Meg
16-05-04, 17:47
Hey Sarah,

Brilliant outcome . Good for you for going .

You are right to feel suitably proud of yourself ..

Well done.

Convinced now . you're not nuts ? lol

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

kate
16-05-04, 18:51
Hiya Sarah,

Glad to hear you had a good night out :D

Wow, I think 50p would have been a small amount to pay to see willies and bums!!!;)

Kate x

sarah
16-05-04, 21:40
Well Kate, I would have got them but I didnt know they were gonna bare all and they did it so quick I wasnt ready...I just cheered with the rest of the sex starved women...lol

love sarah
xx

sarah
16-05-04, 21:45
Hiya Meg

Well im still not convinced im not nuts but I do know that I saw a few on stage yesterday ;)

love Sarah
xx

kate
16-05-04, 21:55
LOL Sarah!!

At least you will be prepared next time........;)

Kate x

twister
16-05-04, 22:50
Glad you had a good time Sarah - make sure you do it again and soon - we should meet up in town!

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

pips
18-05-04, 10:54
Well done Sarah,

Give yourself a big pat on the back!!! : 0 )

Take Care

Love Pips XX

seh1980
19-05-04, 17:49
Hi Sarah,

Well done!!! Wow- I don't think I would have been able to do that! It's nice now that you know you can do it-it must have been quite a confidence booster.
Well, it sounds like it did you a lot of good. Nice one mate. Maybe you'll be able to get out a lot more now!!
Take care.
Sarah (seh1980)

sarah
19-05-04, 19:02
Hiya

You are right Sarah it has been an immense confidence booster. Ive been out quite a bit since to various places (the pub, sainsbury's etc) with no problems. I had a good day today too. Me and my other half took a TRAIN yes a TRAIN (lol) into town to help me with my fears and we had a good day. Weve just had a BBQ so we are feeling happy, stuffed, sleepy and suntanned. We are just about to settle down with a DVD.

Em, I would love to meet you in town for a drink and gossip but im not all that confident about going that far on my own yet...its only been 4 days since my concerted effort to break for freedom so give me a little time and I will definately let you know:)

Take care
Love Sarah
xx