PDA

View Full Version : Worrying call from Doctor

sharon0001
02-04-12, 20:35
Hi,

My boyfriend recently went for blood tests.

He's just recieved an answerphone message from his doctor saying there are issues they need to discuss, but as he's not around tomrrow can he call on Wednesday.

I'm in panic mode, but he's saying if it was worrying they'd tell him to go to A&E or go in tomorrow

Anybody else had this?

thanks in advancex

macc noodle
02-04-12, 20:44
Hi Sharon

What were the blood tests for ?

He may just have a slightly questionable reading and they want to re-test.

As I do not know what he has been tested for, I cannot comment but if it were urgent I am sure that the doctor would have said so.

Try not to worry.

Macc

xx

sharon0001
02-04-12, 20:52
Thank you for your reply.

He suffered from Ulcerative Colitis and had an operation in 1999. And Recently he was feeing run down so the doc sent him for blood tests for everything - the nurse even commented that she hadn't even heard of some of tests they were doing bloods for.

After my nagging he's going to pop to doctors tomorrow to see if another doctor can tell him about his results. Don't think I can wait til Wednesday. How can he be so beeeping calm! :)

Em84
03-04-12, 07:22
Doctors....lol

It may just be something quite small...I remember this happening to me...thinking they were gonna tell me something really horrible....turned out my iron was low...

Let us know how it goes

Xx

emeraldgirl
03-04-12, 09:43
I had the same from a doctor and they just wanted me to have a fasting blood test to get some more accurate results - everything turned out fine. Hope its ok for you too x

AngelHeart
03-04-12, 13:59
I had the same and all it was is that my calcuim was low and they wanted to give me tablets for it x