PDA

View Full Version : how long for gland to go down?

AngelHeart
02-04-12, 21:45
Does anyone know on average how long it takes for a sore swollen gland to go down. Mine came up in back of neck on Sat and its really painful and the pain is radiating in my head and I can hardly move my neck. Been to work tonight and its really hurting. So wnat it to be gone by the weekend as I've booked next week off work ! Thanks xx

Em84
03-04-12, 07:12
Hi Hun

It depends of the reason for it...I had really swollen glands on my neck during a throat infection....when the infection started to clear the glands went down.

You didn't mention if you have a sore throat, cold or flu.

Take some painkillers for the pain if it's really sore and just keep and eye on it
You'll be fine ...

Xxx

Kellybobz
03-04-12, 07:35
Hi pauline i too have swollen glands aftera virus, some went down within a week or two but some have remained. The ones that were painful were actually the first to go and the pain didnt last, long a few days proberly.xx

AngelHeart
03-04-12, 13:30
Thanks for yoru replies, its actually less sore today :) and I can bend my neck without it hurting. Thats the thing, not got a sore throat or cold, but I think its connected to my ears as I wear hearing aids I continiously have trouble with them. Must be just viral as I feel nauseous today too. Thanks again xx