PDA

View Full Version : Allergy/Sinus issue! Really Getting Me Down! Any other Sufferers?

Em84
03-04-12, 07:46
Morning Everyone!

Day 2 of Half Term...not a panic attack yet...Yay! :shades:

Ok, I'm starting to feel a little run down with this problem I have ongoing now since the beginning of December 2011....I woke up one morning feeling like I had been punched in the nose, it was very sore and tender but didn't ink anything of it as I went to a gig the night before and though pt maybe it got hit in the crowd...

Over December/Jan I started to notice that my nose would be dripping a lot..like it does when it's cold outside but was happening in the house etc etc- with this I had a really bad dry cough in the mornings and night and started to cough up a lot of Green mucus, went to the doctor and they put me on Amoxoxillin....

Jan- I presume from all the coughing at this stuck I had a full blown throat infection, the back of my tounge was really swollen on one side, the doctor gave me another AntiBiotic which was one I've not had before. Throat infection cleared yay!

Cough Remained...ever since that I have the below problems...

Face tingling, moving head pains (this isn't all the time)
Yellow mucus- Worst in the mornings
Clear thick bubbly mucus- for the whole day
Constant bunged up feeling
Cough that keeps me awake at night
In the day when I cough I can feel the mucas trying to come out
A points I can feel wheezy
When I talk to people they ask if I have a cold as you can hear this stuff running down my throat...

I had to back to the doctors beginning of March as my ears were completely blocked following a virus...this latest around 4 weeks he said it was prob fluid that got Into the E tubes. Gave me antibiotics to help any remaining bacteria go...

Went to the doctors again last week....pretty sure I had an ongoing sinus infection and he asked if I had a temp....which I don't! Ever! So he looked up the nose and said no polyps, he did say the canals were a little narrow swollen...HE THINKS IT MAY BE AN ALLERGY! Although why am I having yellow mucus- this indicated infection?

He has now given me Beconase nasal spray, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything...sometimes I cough so much I almost vomit...the lack of sleep is making tired and snappy....

I have suffered with Hayfever as long as I can remember so know it's not that...what could I be allergic to..?

I've been hoovering my house and dusting everyday
Washing bed covers super hot

I'm starting to think this house has issues....I have peeling paint on Walls, bubbling Walls, house is generally cold, I have a silverfish bug problem a the min...I just do t know what to do...I want to get better....

My HA has been up and down with this...
Has anyone here had allergies due to their surroundings?
:shrug::shrug:

swgrl09
03-04-12, 13:13
Yes, dust, cat, mold, and some outdoor allergies too. Here you can get anti-histamines that are non-drowsy over the counter. I take one every day with a nasal spray at night. It takes a while though for it to start working. When did you start taking it? For my nasal spray they say to give it a couple weeks.

---------- Post added at 08:13 ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 ----------

Also I get yellow mucus sometimes, usually in the morning when I wake up. I think it just can happen once in a while when it builds up.

Trish
03-04-12, 13:45
Hiya

It could be this: http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Rhinitis---allergic/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

Hope you feel better soon.

Trish x

ledzepp94
03-04-12, 15:11
I also have similar symptoms. In fact I just went to the pulmonologist yesterday because since around the beginning of january I have been continuously coughing, spitting and blowing my nose. Usually in the morning when I spit there is a bunch of yellow for a couple of minutes. When I blow my nose it is sometimes yellow as well. I also have occasional dull aches in the chest area on the upper right side. Anyway, the pulmonologist didn't see anything and thinks it could be allergies or sinuses. I also have dizziness and brain fog, sound familiar?

Em84
04-04-12, 07:08
Sounds very familiar....it just worries me how an allergy can continuously cause these symptoms...I had a really bad sleep last night from the coughing and I still have that dry cough acting up the min...I know in a an hour or so it will change into a mucusy cough...

I want to know the allergy cause? Is it my house? Do I have Damp?

I've never had an allergy through the Winter so I'm baffled!

I took my son to ENT yesterday for swollen glands and they now say he has other swollen nodes etc, glue ear and because he has night sweats the want to do CT scans blood tests chest X rays

I stupidly looked up Google and now I'm pettrified that he has something like Hodgkins Lymphoma which is passed via HIV mothers...my biggest fear...this allergy thing I wish would just pass as I'm feeling like Ive got something deadly now and that's why I'm always coughing.....

I just want it all to go away....

ledzepp94
04-04-12, 08:16
I hear you. I've been suffering since January with coughing and blowing my nose and most frightening is heart palpitations. Drives me nuts. Sometimes wheezing too. ugh.

---------- Post added at 03:16 ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 ----------

I wonder if I am maybe allergic to Zoloft

xfilme
04-04-12, 14:39
Hi, I suffer from a dust mite allergy. Up until I was prescribed daily preventative antihistimines I was taking a pack of over the counter hayfever tablets a week. From what you have described, it sounds like allergic rhinitis. Thats when an irritant causes inflamation inside your nose, which then closes up the sinuses causing the yellow mucus you speak of. It also causes post nasal drip, which is when that mucus drips down your throat making you cough lots and prone to chest infections. I am also on a nasal spray. Please bear in mind with nasal steroid sprays that they are not for your allergies, they just reduce the inflamation to open up your sinuses but that usually takes about a month of daily use. The best thing you can do is ask for a referral to an allergist. Theres usually about a months wait for this. They will give you skin prick tests on several irritants like cat dander, mixed grass, birch pollen, dust mites etc and can tell the severity of the allergy. They can then prescribe you antihistimines that you take daily, regardless of whether your allergies are playing up or not. My allergies were chronic from the age of 14 up until last year when I finally went for an allergy test (I didnt know I could get help). Since taking my meds, I have not had a single allergy kick in and I no longer have post nasal drip as Im using daily nasal spray. Mine used to be so sensitive that I had to hold my breath when I turned over in bed because of the dust mites, I could not empty my hoover bag and I had to get someone else to change my bedding for me. I literally used to make my nose bleed from all the itching etc. Now I can do anything. My allergies may as well not be there. If you want to talk about it, please PM me. I am also a health anxiety sufferer so I can totally understand where you are coming from x