PDA

View Full Version : Weird thoughts

mermaid
03-04-12, 10:10
Hi

am having better days re anxiety/depression and sleeping better. Hubs and I are having money probs (never had them before) due to his job situation and we have had to make some life changing decisions. My illness had already returned before this as I had come off hrt/cit.
Now I am feeling a little clearer in my head a new symptom has started. We owe quite a bit on credit card and every time my mind wanders I hear 'credit card' over and over in my mind and can't seem to stop it.
Help!

mermaid

Stormsky
03-04-12, 10:28
Its probably because of the worry youve been feeling over the credit card bill... the more you think of something, the more it bounces around in your head and thoughts.

mermaid
03-04-12, 18:27
Can anyone give any advice on how to stop this? It's every time my mind isn't distracted and it intrudes. Am I actually doing it myself?

Stormsky
03-04-12, 19:55
Intrusive thoughts keep coming because of the importance you give to them... and now the more you try and fight them off, the more they come.....
So let them come, and tell them your not interested anymore, that your bored of these thoughts now... and then think or do something else... eventually they will fade...
I used to have intrusive thoughts, still do at times, just dont give them any importance....
The thoughts are coming from your subconcious, because you were worrying over the credit card so much and probably thinking about it alot, that it now keeps coming on its own.
However, if you ARE actually still worried over the credit card, and havent resolved it or made a plan to sort it, then obviously these thoughts may not go that easily until you resolve the card problem.