PDA

View Full Version : Newbie, Long Suffering

Wilkes
03-04-12, 11:00
Hi all, Am in my 40's now and have suffered (long undiagnosed!) with agoraphobia. started with panic attack in my 20's and then the classic avoiding situations routine, leaving places, feeling trapped, ect. Haven't had a holiday in over 20 years through fear of something terrible happening. Tried so many forms of therapy, am not a believer in taking meds, tried and did not agree at all!
2 years ago had a heart fibrillation event which even though thorough checks have all come back normal have caused me to become a Hypochondriac too.
All this is taking a toll on my family which worries me more. And!!....Don't mean to drag on, after my fibrillation my symptoms became worse my GP referred me to the New Thoughts team in my area, after 6 months they contacted me and said sorry for delay your case will be dealt with soon, another 6 months later i final saw someone for 4 weeks to the be told that he was leaving and i would be put with someone new. That was 3 months ago!
So not sure what part of the forum i should be posting in. would be really great if anyone could recommend someone to me in the surrey area. Really want my life back for my kids sake.

Stormsky
03-04-12, 11:10
Hi and welcome...
sorry, you say recommend someone in surrey? for what??

Wilkes
03-04-12, 11:18
Sorry, help with agoraphobia mainly.

Stormsky
03-04-12, 11:20
ahh ok.. there may be people on here from your area that could recommend somewhere you could go for help. Generally your GP would know of any therapy you could try though.

Wilkes
03-04-12, 11:26
which would be the best forum to post that in?
thank you

Stormsky
03-04-12, 11:30
Under Social Anxiety heading probably.