PDA

View Full Version : Tension In Neck and Shouders

Melxxx
30-06-06, 15:46
Hi has anyone got any tips on how to relieve tension in the neck and shoulder area? I have still got this lump thing in my throat but I am learning to live it better now. I am sure a lot of it is down to the tension I have in my neck and shoulders.

Many thanks

Mel xx

april tones
30-06-06, 15:46
I massage it my self, pulling hard xx

fibrochat) http://apriltones.proboards54.com

giddy
30-06-06, 16:03
Hi Mel
I do lots of stretches at intervals through out the day, linking my fingers and pushing out and up and also rolling my shoulders and bending my head slowly ear to shoulder. Yoga helps too and any form of relaxation.
Love Helen

manmoor
30-06-06, 16:52
Hi Mel,

I usually stick my heatpad in the microwave and set it on my neck and the heat eases it.

Take Care

Mandy

xx

Melxxx
30-06-06, 17:29
Thanks April tones, Mandy, and Helen. I will try the suggestions you have made. I went to see a councillor about problems on Monday and find the session very useful. She told me my throat problems stem form working from home and not socializing enough basically my lifestyle is suffocating me and that’s what I am feeling in my throat and it’s a really common anxiety symptom but I can’t change this as I work for my husband and we run our own small business from home. And has I can’t even get out of my front door at the moment socializing is a bit difficult. I know it’s in me to beat this problem and I will.

Thanks again guys.

Love

Mel

nomorepanic
30-06-06, 18:59
How about a massage from a professional masseur.

I noticed in our local gym that loads advertise and they come to your house to do it and only charge about £20 - I thought it would be far too expensive to get one done but that seems reasonable.

Nicola

Daisybun
30-06-06, 19:48
Hi Mel, I use a heat pad, i do some simple neck and shoulder rolls, also self massage using lavendar oil to relax the muscles. I had the lump in throat for about 4 months, that's gone now and I've got a different one. But hey one day I'll be symptom free!!!!

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Melxxx
30-06-06, 20:13
Thanks daisybun and nomorepanic I will have to get me one of those heat pads and having a masseur come too the house what a good idea this site is such a help. Daisybun you are right the throat thing is a real pain but I don’t have it for the first two hours in the morning so I know it’s nothing serious hope you feel better soon and thanks for your advise.

Take care

Mel

rach1
30-06-06, 21:47
Hello.

Just a tip I suffer alot with neck and shoulder tension and I was using a heat pad too as this helps ease the pain but I went to see an oestopath yesterday and he said that heat can actually aggravate the the area even though it provides relieve at the time something to do with the blood flow increases which then causes further inflammation. He suggested putting cold on the area for around 5 minutes. I've tried it today and it does seem to help.

Rach

tara
01-07-06, 07:50
I suffered with this for a long time and boy it got me down !!
I used one of those lavender bags with the lillt beads in, this worked really well. Also nics suggestion of a massage is great !!! I found out the my local college would do massages at a whopping discount, six pounds [:O]. The trainees do them but just as good as a professional !!

Tara xx

Melxxx
06-07-06, 18:52
Just wanted to think Tara and Rach for there replies. I have taken everything on broad and hoping this thing goes away soon. Up date managed too get out of the house today and went shopping feel a little bit better.

Thanks again everyone

darkangel
06-07-06, 19:19
hi

an ice pack works better as heat can aggrevate it.

PS i have the lump in throat too :(

darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving