PDA

View Full Version : Swollen aching lymph node in neck?

xtinkerbellx
03-04-12, 12:59
I have a swollen lymph node on the left side of my neck, I noticed it in October and it hasn't budged since. It hasn't got bigger. It's like a squishable bean and painless. But it aches :( 2 doctors have seen it but dismissed it briefly, they know about my HA. I've just been told I have Helibactor Pylori infection so wondering if it's down to that, also I've been reading about lymphona (cancer) and thinking "oh that must be it" and feeling like I'm on borrowed time :( x

butterfly00
07-06-12, 12:11
i have this too. Have had it for 2 yrs now. sometimes it can get quite sore. but the doc is not worried about it at all.

RLR
08-06-12, 00:43
Although this is a very dated posting, the characteristics of lymphadenopathy, or positive lymph nodes, associated with cancer of various types are that they are firm and non-tender to palpation. The fact that it is painful to the touch might well suggest that it is not a lymph node but either a sebaceous cyst or lypoma, which quite commonly appear on the neck and can be painful when manipulated in some instances. They are non-pathological in nature and do not predispose an individual to subsequent disease.