PDA

View Full Version : So is it anxiety then?

little.miss.worry
03-04-12, 13:19
Well ive nearly had a week of total hell! it all started last Wednesday when i was freaking out i had cold hands i have no idea why?. Then my arm started to tingle and worried about that again i don't know why because it's obvious it was my anxiety..but anyways on Thursday I started to get chills which scared me then friday same again but i started to feel sick every now and again then saturday my back started hurting so i freaked out and thought it was a kidney infection and i constantly worried my appitite went so, yesterday i went to the doctors she gave me antibiotics and i had to drop off a water sample the next morning (today) I did and they couldnt find anything besides traces of blood but im just coming off my period and they said that would be it i nearly had a panic attack in the doctors so they said why dont you get a second opinion so i went again to another doctor he took another water sample same again nothing but traces of blood so he said he would send it off to the lab anyway and i can find out the results on Thursday but i really am worried because it might be my kidney and the thing is ive only got one because my other one was taken out when i was 7 because it was to small im now 15 and i dont know what to do! My mum thinks its all anxiety and all in my mind what do you think?!

Em84
03-04-12, 13:45
Hi Hun

Not sure to be honest, yous said you were just co ing off your period so more than likely the blood just could be from that, the good thing is that your getting it tested at a lab so if there are any problems you will find out sooner rather than later which will be better for you....they prob know your medical history that you ony have one kidney so they are prob checking just to rule it out.

I do get regular pains around lower back/ kidney area so it could also be anxiety related although I've never had any tests for kidney related problems. Anxiety does kill your appetite...I can go for days without eating anything then I will suddenly binge on rubbish lol.

Keep your fluids up, if it's kidney related water will keep your body cleansed...

Let us know how you get on

Xxx

AngelHeart
03-04-12, 13:52
It might be anxiety hun as I can relate to the symptoms but it also may point towards a kidney infection but if it is don't panic, I have one kidney that doesn't work properly and I have had kidney infection in the past. You did the right thing going the Drs and getting tested and given antibiotics as the infection ( if you have one ) wouldnt have been in your system too long and you can get it sorted. I also had traces of blood in my urine with mine too. But it could also be the end of your period. Please dont worry, your getting sorted and no harm with come to you. Just rest and drink plenty of water to flush your kidney out. Let us know how you get on ,

Pauline xx