PDA

View Full Version : Hello - new member who needs some help!

beckyw
30-06-06, 16:17
I'm 33 and have always been a worrier. I can remeber not sleeping when I was about 5 because I was worrying about something.

This worry has got worse and I am always in a state of constant anxiety. The last 5 years have been very bad for me. My biggest anxiety is always related to the house that I am living in. I constantly worry about things that are wrong and disastrous consequences. I have moved house 5 times in 5 years because of this and it's not good for my two small children.

My relationship with my husband is not great and I am always snapping at the children because I am so anxious and worried. I am moving house again to a house that we have been doing up and I am really anxious about the standard of work that has been done to things in property and am constanly thinking this wasn't done right and that wasn't done right - we're going to have damp, walls are going to come apart etc. it's on my mind all the time.

I desperately want to stop being like this. Can anyone suggest what I can do to help myself. I don't really want to take medication as we would like to have another baby in the near future.

I'm willing to try any other suggestions but don't know where to begin.

Thanks for reading my story

clickaway
30-06-06, 16:33
Hello Becky and welcome to the site.

There is obviously something deep inside worrying you - it is not *really* your house, but more something related to your childhood. Makes me wonder if you were happy with your home as a child - just a thought.

I don't think pills are the answer - have you tried counselling or therapy. Have you been referred to the Community Mental Health Team?

Take Care,

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

chucklehound
30-06-06, 16:35
Hi Becky and welcome to the forum:D

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

hayles
30-06-06, 16:38
Hi and welcome to the forum

Hay x

manmoor
30-06-06, 16:43
Hi Becky,

Hello and welcome aboard.

Mandy

Take Care

xx

beckyw
30-06-06, 16:48
Hi, Ray

I've been to my GP and they have referred me to a counsellor at the surgery but there is a 6m wait for this. they didn't mention anything about community mental health team - don't know if is different because I am in Wales.

I think my problems must stem from childhood but not too sure what was the trigger. My parents house was a very old (500yrs) black and white Elizabethan property. It certainly wasn't perfect and every wall/floor sloped in different directions! It didn't bother me at the time

Becky

clickaway
30-06-06, 17:47
Hi Becky,

maybe the counsellor is from the Community Mental Health Team?

Have a look around your local community to see if there is any charity-based counselling available, as it may relieve the pain of waiting on the NHS. Or maybe there is a self-help group nearby? Find out id there is by using Google the NPS website http://www.phobics-society.org.uk/selfhelpgroups.php or phoning up No Panic on 01952 590545. Or maybe just enquire locally.

No Panic themselves may be able to help you as well - they run phone based courses to help.

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Karen
30-06-06, 18:11
Hi Becky

Welcome to the forum.

You might like to have a read through the following information as a place to start:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

nomorepanic
30-06-06, 18:16
Hi Becky

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Try to rationalise things in your mind. It may help to write it all down and then read it back.

Why do I feel like this? What can I do about it? Does it really matter ?

Once you question yourself you may see that you don't have all the answers and you are simply worrying over something that on the scale of things isn't so important anymore.

That sort of thing - just an idea anyway.

Nicola

scoobygirl2005
30-06-06, 20:08
Hi Becky.

Sorry to hear you are feeling like this. Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help and support here and also make a lot of new friends.

Scooby2005
x x

suzymbates
30-06-06, 20:31
Hi Becky

Nice to meet you. I only joined this week too. Hope your worrying gets sorted soon.

Take care.

Susan
xxx

susan

eeyorelover
30-06-06, 21:09
Hi Becky -
Welcome to the site :)
There are alot on here who worry alot (myself included). I'm sure that you will find alot of useful info on here and a great group of new friends to share your feelings with.
If you feel like chattin about stuff - feel free to pm me anytime :)

giddy
30-06-06, 21:32
Hi Becky - welcome to the forum
Love Helen