PDA

View Full Version : Can anxiety be caused by hormones, and PMT?

wools
03-04-12, 20:03
Hi guys

I'm new here, and I just want to say what a wonderful forum this is, as it's really helped me in understanding anxiety attacks. I have one quick question, as I have been suffering Anxiety attacks (very mild) for the past couple of days, but I do believe it has something to do with my menstral cycle. Now that I'm nearing my starting date, my anxiety has gone compleetly, but a few days ago I had anxiety.

Could they be linked in anyway? :blush:

Stormsky
03-04-12, 20:22
Hormones can defiinately cause anxiety... they fluctuate all the time in our body... and hormones control so much of our mood...

wools
03-04-12, 20:27
Thank you :) I had a feeling that my hormones may have been the subject of my anxiety.

Hilycat
04-04-12, 12:00
Hell YES! i was feeling hormonal last week the week before my period feeling sickly ,craving sweet things the usual signs and on the friday night i had an anxiety attack couldnt cope with the nausea so i just had a meltdown ,have felt crap for 4 days had horrible thoughts and chest pains head tension ,but each day i am getting a little bit better than i was. Hang in there it improves ,slowly but it improves!

jimsmrs
04-04-12, 12:13
most definetly, lack of hormones cause anxiety and depression in the menopause aswell

wools
04-04-12, 12:37
I've deffinatally improved from what I was like a few days ago, and the closer I get to my start date, my anxiety levels seem to drop dramatically. I still get little bursts of anxiety every now and then, but after 10 minuets it's gone.

Mike007
04-04-12, 13:39
I think hormonal change could be the reason as when I was slightly hyper, I used to have terrible anxiety.

wools
04-04-12, 15:27
I tend to go through stages where I'm really nervous and extreemly hyper. Darn horemones