PDA

View Full Version : Please remember why we are here

nomorepanic
30-06-06, 19:44
Hi all

Firstly I just want to say a really big "THANKS" to all the members on here. I don't think I thank you "guys" enough for all you do to make this forum what it is.

We have had a few minor problems and moans on here recently and a few members getting upset because they felt they were not part of a clicky group, they didn't get enough replies to their posts, were left out, ignored, not emailed or PM'd enough etc etc.

I just want to remind people that the forum is entirely voluntary. No-one makes an income from it - not even me! All the administrators offered their time freely and all the members that post do so in their own time and when they can.

We have a superb community here and people that have been members for a long long time. They wouldn't come back if they didn't feel safe and welcome here.

Not everyone will reply to every post as it may not be relevant to them or they can't offer any advice so don't get upset if your post doesn't generate many replies. You can always make it "active" again by editing it and it will appear on the active topics list again.

Don't get disheartenend, upset or rejected if people don't reply straight away. I come home to over 100 active topics a day now and can't possibly reply to that many in an evening and I am sure I am not the only member like this. Imagine if you didn't come on for 2 days!

It takes time to read through the posts and reply so be patient and the replies WILL come in.

It also helps if you acknowledge replies to your posts as there is nothing worse than spending a lot of time replying to a post and offering support and advice and never knowing if that person even read it!

Please come back and update us on how you are doing. We love the success stories and people are motivated by seeing others succeed.

Above all enjoy your time here - it is not supposed to be stressful or annoying or make anyone feel left out or not part of the NoMorePanic community.

You lot make it happen and let's hope that continues.

Thank You

Nicola

trac67
30-06-06, 19:53
Good post mate and I think it needed to be said to remind people.

Love

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

samjane
30-06-06, 21:00
I have to say i have always felt very welcome, i have just been to chat for the first time in about a year and it was like i had never left. i try to look in once a week or so. but always know i can come here when my days are bad.

if it was not for this site i would have never got better.

keep up the good work

love & Light Sam x

carlin
30-06-06, 21:40
Hi Nic, I have been here for quite a while now, this site did and still does offer and give me support, for that I thank you and everyone here xxjean

chellebelle
30-06-06, 23:00
I don't know where I would be without this site. It is a godsend - as are you and the other administrators Nic! We all appreciate so much the time you spend replying and giving advice and we understand that there are so many it is impossible to reply to everyone.

Just a huge thanks to everyone!

"This too, shall pass"

clickaway
30-06-06, 23:11
I am so happy to be a real part of this site.

It has many more members now, and I often find that when I reply to a subject, others that have already replied are comparative newcomers. We have plenty of people supporting each other.

I do try and welcome as many people as possible, as it was the welcome by so many people when I joined, that helped me so much. It boosted my self-worth no end.

It is only natural for there to be a circles of friends on here, but I'm here for everyone. We all need each other.

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

ruthb1
01-07-06, 00:37
Hi Nic,

I just want to say a big THANKYOU as i have found this site better than any counselling or therapy that i have been to.

i have made friends on here and always feel welcome

keep up the good work

take care

Ruth x x

eeyorelover
01-07-06, 00:46
thnx for that Nic - xxxooo
I have so many great friends here that have helped me thru some really difficult times and there is so much great info here that has helped me to work thru things and start to take control of my life again (still a long way to go tho - lol)
I'm so happy to have found a bunch of people who know how I am feeling. When I first became a member - it was such a relief to see that I wasn't the only one having these thoughts and feelings.
Ray is right!!! We need each other...... Ok stop gloating Ray :) lol -
We are all in this together - after all - we come here for support, info, and friendship.
luv you guys and gals bunches XXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

wobily_lin
01-07-06, 01:25
Hey Nic,

Thanks for reminding everyone of why this site is here. You all do a great job and work so hard to keep it up and running. I personally just wanna say thank you to u and all the other guys who give up their spare time to run this site. It has been such a great help to me and like so many others I have made some really good friends. The support from here has been overwhelming at times.

Regarding the posts, yeh it does take time to get through them all. Also sometimes, if i dont leave a post it usually is because it triggers off my own PTSD and can make my anx. worse. I'm sure I'm not the only person on the site that this happens to. I don't think anyone here would purposely not reply, u know.

Also the chat room has been a great support for me. We listen to each other's moans, symptoms, worries and of course we do also like to laugh. It is great to just chat to ppl who u know totally understand where ur comin from and never judge. I think that is what this site is all about.

Thank you again Nic and all ur merry men lol. You all do a fantasic job and I for one really appreciate it. Thank you.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx

((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Take care,

Lin.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

melissa27
01-07-06, 01:46
I only posted for first time the other day and everyone made feel very welcome and there advice really helped.Thx all its nice to talk to people that go through the same thing.

Sue K with 5
01-07-06, 01:52
Hi Nic and guys and girls

I have just recently started posting again due to a period of time where i was on a low, but never has such warmth and care been shown to me over a period of time from anyone else but you guys on NMP, I have great friends some great responses to some of my posts and the moderators are great caring people. You created a minor miracle and it is because of this sight that so many people have come through some of their worst nightmares

Nic you did a great job and we thank you from the bottom of our medicine bottles lol

Like Nic said responses come if people can give support and even some helpful tips and answers so dont ever think your not being cared about on here. Its the reading thats just as important as the replies in my
book

Sue with 5

scknight

angstsoup
01-07-06, 02:18
Hello Nicola and Friends,

I for one, Nicola, applaud and take off my hat to you ( albeit it my anxiety hat- LOL) for this superb and wonderful site.
I cannot imagine anyone moaning that they had not received a reply to their post as I think there are a zillion replies from fellow sufferers on topics which they can relate to thus offer advice and support.
I do keep in mind that waiting for a reply may be expecially difficult for someone in the throes of an anxious period of time.
The chat room is an invaluable place where I have met and made friends who have experienced much of what I have over the years.
I implore those that have moaned to realize what a blessing this site is.
Once again, this Yankee thanks you Nic and your staff for maintaining such a grand site. I can only imagine the dearth of time and effort it incurs.
To all my friends in chat and on the forum, thank you and bless you for your kindness and always being at the ready to lend an ear and a shoulder.
Love from across the pond,

Hugs,

Soup

" I have developed a new philosophy.....I only dread one day at a time." Charlie Brown

lainey
01-07-06, 05:43
Hi Nicola

I would also like to add my thanks to you for this wonderful site, I wouldn;t be where I am now if it wasn't for the wonderful people on here. i haven't posted fro quite a while but know that you are all here if I need the support.
If I have a bad day just logging in and browsing through the forum gives me a boost.
So thank you again

Take care

Elaine x

tara
01-07-06, 07:35
Hi Nic,

What a great post :D

If it wasn't for this site i'm sure I wouldn't have got through my darkest days. It was always somewhere I could come in times of need and always got great great support and advice.

Ok I probably am one of the offenders who doesn't reply as much as I should, but I do reply to the posts I feel I can give good advice too.

Love Tara xxx

giddy
01-07-06, 07:48
Hi Nicola
Thanks for the great post. This site is amazing and joining here was what started me on my road to recovery. Thanks to yourself and the administrators and of course everyone who posts and replies to the posts.
Love Helen

lancashirelass
01-07-06, 08:46
Hi There Nicola

Thanks for your message.

I do appreciate the work you do.BIG THANKS

Ive had a great time on this site NMP

I made a really good friend that understands my problems.[:P]

If someone hasnt had a reply to their post..my advise would just be write it again with a diffrent heading to get other peoples attention.

The sun is shinning here in lancashire ,tennis and football this afternoon.
Have a good week everyone that reads this and remember there are other people out there with problems simular to yours ..your not on your own...as i found out when i joined NMP .

Amazingly that made me feel a little better I wasnt alone.

Keep up the good work Nic,you must give up loads of hours of your free time to make others happy.WE DO APPRECIATE IT.

Take Care

Love and Hugs

LASSIE XX

whatisitnow
01-07-06, 09:12
Fair play. I think this is a brilliant site & atleast come on here once a day. Im fine at the moment, very well & havent got the anxiety but still like to come on here & if i see someones suffering with something ive had in the past then will let them know. I guess we all use this site in a way but i like to think its not all take, which is why i still offer an opinion when i dont need any for myself at the moment.
The way i look at it is, if people dont reply to my thread, its because they dont know anything about it. I would rather people didnt reply if they hadnt experienced it, than not really knowing what they are talking about.
Caz xxxx

Pete to win Big Brother! He is Daddy Fantastic with pants made of elastic!

marie ross
01-07-06, 09:46
Hi All,

A BIG THANK YOU to Nicola and all the administrators who have helped make this site what it is today, and for everyone who has replied to my posts, you have all been a big help, especially when i've been feeling bad.

Thank you all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care.

Marie XXX

constantworrier
01-07-06, 09:48
Hi all,

I think thanks and acknowledgment are indeed due to everyone involved with this site. In my experience, it is extremely difficult for anybody...no matter how close they are, to truly understand another person's situation, unless they have "walked a mile in their shoes". Therefore, people with anxiety problems become more and more isolated as nobody understands...their friends, family, GP even sometimes! This only compounds things further and a negative spiral evolves.
When you think about it, it says a great deal about the compassion and empathy of NMP and its members, that the people who are often the least able to give anymore, because they are already emotionally crippled, time and time again somehow keep managing to find love and understanding for others. For this alone, we all deserve commendation.

CW

xxxx

"Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us, we could learn to dance on a moving carpet." - Anon

Wenjoy
01-07-06, 10:14
Hi - I would just like to say that this site has given me back my sanity - when all around me failed me - this site saved me - just knowing there are thousands of others like me helps a lot. Thankyou a million times over xxx love wenjoy xxx

Jenny
01-07-06, 10:19
Thanks for that Nic. I agree it needed to be said.
You and and everyone on here do a great job. You go to work, give up lots of your free time for others and I and many others appreciate that.

A BIG BIG THANK-YOU

Luv Jenny xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

brenda
01-07-06, 11:08
HI
I ONly joined this site recently and it has helped me tremendously.
I am now going to get some CBT and have read some books recommended on here.
Please keep upi the good work :-)

Hugs
Pam x

Karen
01-07-06, 11:17
I have been a member for almost 2 years now and have made some wonderful friends on this site.

In my time here I've had many ups and downs, with some very low times and the fantastic support from other members and kind replies to my posts has helped me to keep going. I honestly don't know where I'd be without the forum now.

Although I try to give support back when I can, I'm in quite an intensive treatment programme at present and like Nic said, I often come home to find almost 100 new posts. It is impossible for any one person to reply to every post and I think we have so many regular posters here that most posts do get a response.

This is a very supportive community and I feel I have made some life long friends here.

Thank you Nic for starting the site :).

Karen xx

ceecee
01-07-06, 11:45
hi nicola and all the administrators this site as helped me a great deal and i,m sure many others from the advice we have recieved!just to let you know how much i appreciate this site and what a cofort it was when i found it.many thanks rachel x x x

polly daydream
01-07-06, 11:48
Hi Nicola, I totally agree with what you have said in your post, it needed to be said!

Best wishes,

Polly

Piglet
01-07-06, 13:38
Hi Nic,

Thank you so much for this post and it couldn't have come at a more apt moment for me.

This week I have been seriously considering asking if I could revert back to being a member rather than an administrator. Even though I'm spending an awful lot of time on here, with current commitments on the home front this has meant I just simply haven't had the time to answer as many posts as I would have liked.

I am probably being well oversensitive (well it kinda comes with the whole anxiety deal [:I]:D) but I seem to have noticed a lot of moans and groans and I have to say I have been feeling really demoralised by them :(.

We are all here to help and support each other as and when we can - but I am always aware good friends are a blessing not an automatic right.

Nic thank you for being, as ever, a steady hand at the helm!!:D:D

Love Piglet xxx

Southern_Belle
01-07-06, 14:10
Hi Nic,

Thank you for this post and for all you and the administrators and moderators do. I thank you for this site and have also made many friends here.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

lildutt
01-07-06, 14:29
hi nic and mods
thanks for making this website like most of the others said i wouldnt know where i be with out this website
and some of the people on here who has helped me throught alot of things
thanks for great site and all the work you lot do on here
bellxx

manmoor
01-07-06, 16:14
Hi Nic,

I'd just like to say a big thanks to you and all the moderators. I only joined in April but already have made lots of true friends.

Many many thanks to you all

Mandy
xxxx

april tones
01-07-06, 17:20
Hi nicola

I have been a member for about 3 yrs as u know. i pop in when i can, if im having bad time then every day and help others if i can relate to them and others if i get time
You do a good job! i love this site and always reccomend it to people! its well known site! xxxxx

fibrochat) http://apriltones.proboards54.com

shell100
01-07-06, 17:23
Hi Nic
can i just say that i have only ever found anyone on here fantastically warm & supportive, i have recieved a few pm's & been in a chat only a few times & i have found that very funny & mood lifting.
i guess along with our anxieties & troubles, some of us invariably feel left out or out of some group. I for one feel its a fantastic site. i cant possibly read every new active topic. there is 52 new ones now & i was only on last night!
well done to each & everyone of you :)
hears to a bright future for all of us :)
hugs
michelle
xxx

Twila
01-07-06, 17:32
First , I just wanted to say that I am glad that there are people like me. I just thought maybe I was going crazy. Seeing other people asking some of the same questions I have helps. Thank you for the chance to vent my fears.

Twila:)

tamla
01-07-06, 20:38
all i would like to say is if it wasnt for this site i would be lost and i thank you and everyone for the help and support you have givin me. a big thankyou for all you have done to bring this site together well done x

t motown

chedda
01-07-06, 22:41
Hia Nicola and all that help run this site :D
I personally think you all do a fantastic job and its very much appreciated.I got a fantastic response when i joined here and so much information that i didnt know about.Since joining here i feel 100% more positive than i did i still have agoraphobia and panic but i now tell people about it including family which i didnt do before.I have posted things on here and got no reply to them but thats the way it goes not everyone finds your topic relevant to them or they cant offer you any advice but that doesnt mean that no-one cares,you only have to have look at the site to know that we are a caring bunch on here:).
Keep up the good work because you all give hope and help to hundreds
atke care cheryl xx

paladin806
01-07-06, 22:43
I have made some really good Friends on this site, even though, sometimes i am missing for weeks. This is not being ignorant, merely unable to respond due to upheavel in my life.
The site has been a lifeline to me for a long time now, and sometimes the reading of posts is what i need even though i am unable to contribute. Keep up the excellent standards and my best wishes to all.

"I heard someone calling my name one day, so i followed that voice down the lost highway"

jackie
01-07-06, 22:55
well said nic and i know how hard it is to reply

on that note i would like to thank all you out there who reply to mine as it is a lifeline

i try to reply but would like you all to know that it has been so hard recently to get on as my kids have been taking up every minute i have. i am also off on holidays for two weeks so i really apologise for not getting on as much as i would like. i know how important it is to feel listened too and love answering posts but i feel i am not getting enuf time to do that

so for that i am sorry but i will try harder

thanks again for the site and all those who are on it

jackie

nomorepanic
02-07-06, 00:31
Thanks for all the lovely replies and thoughts.

I did do this post to thank you guys for all your posts and the help you give others. I really appreciate it and I didn't expect people to thank me as I was thanking you for making it what it was.

Thanks guys for the great response and the help we all give each other.

Nicola

emmy
02-07-06, 00:37
hi
hust want to say thanks for pm this site has helped me so much over past months i have been on here..

the site wouldnt be hear with out u lot so thanks from me..

i have meet some lovely people and tbh i dnt mind if nobody replys to my posts cause i know i have done them and i just tell everyone whos email i got lol [8D]:D good job i not got yours nic hahaha

emily xxx

if it looks like it works and feels like it works then it works!!!

nomorepanic
02-07-06, 00:37
Lucy - just read your post and it upset me. I am hurt with what you said as I have always supported you.

Do you ever reply to my posts? support me? Do you even read my post about my CBT.

I reply to all your posts that I can and feel I can help with.

I am not making an issue of this but you need to think about how many posts you reply to before telling me I don't care.

Don't blame the administrators - they have lives too and can't help everyone all the time. Their job is to make sure we don't get abusive posts, slander or irrelevant posts on here. It is NOT their job to reply to all posts.

Sorry but you have really offended me with those comments.

Nicola

trac67
02-07-06, 00:39
OH MY GOD I cannot believe what you have just posted Lucy, how bloody rude.

I used to spend hours talking to you on MSN until you decided you would block me when I had a disagreement with a friend of yours on the forum. then you began to pm me once I became an admin.

It is not an admin clique at all, yes I am good friends with the other administrators but I am also good friends with a lot of others from the forum too.

Posts like yours make so so bloody angry ffs we do this because we want to help people, half the sodding time we don't even get a thankyou, but we do it because we care.

A question Lucy how many bloody threads do you reply to on a daily basis then ? Not bloody many unless it is one that is an arguement.

I can have over 100 active topics on here each day and like the other admins I do have a life to live outside the forum, so I do all the welcome posts all the sucess posts and then any other posts that I think I can give some helpful advice too.

So if you want to leave the forum then Lucy well all I can say is BYE.

Trac xxx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

emmy
02-07-06, 00:49
well i think they do a good job and im sure im not only member her that thinks that... it can be clicky with members it not the admins.. you got to think how many people are members here would we all beable to cope with it i know i couldnt trying to get my self better and replying 24/7..

emilyxxx

if it looks like it works and feels like it works then it works!!!

PurpleRain
02-07-06, 01:18
Hi,
This site is wonderful and run by truly fantastic people who dedicate their own time for helping people...Bloddy marvelous!! :D

If this site was run by doctors it wouldnt be half as good as having the true understanding and help from fellow sufferers/ex sufferers that you find here!

I have noticed some clickyness and some totally unnecessary comments but you just cant avoid it all the time,you find it almost everywhere...Its a shame it happens but i suppose thats life and not everyone can agree on everything!

Take care xx :D

nomorepanic
02-07-06, 01:26
I agree there are lots of groups on here. I go in chat and everyone has their own "in jokes" and I have no idea what they are on about.

That mimics real life though - we find like minded people and attach ourselves to it.

It is just a group of mates and not clicky as such - just people that get on and enjoy a laugh.

I don't know why people think this effects things on here as it doesn't!

We are all in the same boat and yes some may have groups of mates they talk to and I am not in them but I don't feel left out - I am pleased they all found someone to talk to.

Nicola

trac67
02-07-06, 01:32
AARRGGGHHHHHH ITS CALLED MAKING SOME GOOD FRIENDS.

Didn't we leave all this she likes her more than me behind when we left the playground years ago.

Sorry but this is really beginnning to piss me off now, what is wrong with having friends.

Trac xxx

eeyorelover
02-07-06, 03:39
Ok I take offense to the statement that the mods aren't replying to posts unless they are from new people!!!
Take a look where it shows how many total posts each one of us have made.
I for one spend time on here replying to posts, sitting in chat, and even pming people to let them know that I am around if they need to gab. I don't do all that as a job or because I want a pat on the back and that is not why I am writing this now. I am on here because I truely believe that this forum and the people on it are worth putting time into. It's a great source for info and support.
All the 'clicky' talk is just wrong.
What you are seeing is not people who are trying to shut others out. It's people who have been on here, supporting each other, spending time together, knowing each others lives for a long time. It's like any relationship. Everyone can't think that they are just going to walk in and become best buds immediately. There is a process called getting to know each other. It's sometimes awkward but as time goes on we get to know them to. But that doesn't mean that we aren't here for each other regardless of whether we have spoken in chat or msn or yahoo - whatever.
The fact is that anyone on here that needs anything should know that they can pm,email,or meet in chat and talk to any one of the moderators on here.
As far as that goes, almost everyone on this site is willing to chat with someone who has had a bad day or just needs to vent.
All this nonsense that is being spewed on here lately is getting us nowhere!!!
I love this site and I love to be able to come here and be with people who know what I am going thru and who support me!!!
PLEASE I am begging everyone to stop the bickering and all the back and forth and just get on with what this site is supposed to be about!!!

Sandy
(eeyorelover)

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself. "I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along."

- Elenor Roosevelt

wobily_lin
02-07-06, 05:03
hi again,

Here here eeyore. My god i was just reading this thread and couldn't believe it has yet again come to another bloody disagreement. I just don't get it. All Nic did was thank us for our support on here. This was supposed to be a way forward i thought after all the other posts that ended in ****. It isn't up to the admins. to post replies here. I think that they hav enuf to do without that but they do spend the time and put in so much effort because they care about everyone on here. If they didnt I'm sorry but this site would no longer be. This site is a huge help an support to so many who come here. If i was an admin i would be well pissed off atm. I don't feel it fair lucy that you hav targetted nic and the admins here, as we also reply to posts here. And as said before they do a great job of which i for one am truely grateful.

Yeh 'clicks', well yeh i would agree with trace they are called friends. People form friendships in real life and just becos we are on the web doesn't mean that this can't happen too. All ppl are dif and no one can get on with everyone. That I'm afraid is human nature and nothing to do with any probs or illnesses we all have on here.

Anyways, again thanks to all you guys. Let's put this thread back where it was as in a nice united one for once. All this bickering has to stop. We hav more important things to worry about im sure. I know I have.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs to all))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx

Take care,

Lin.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

pinkpenny1uk
02-07-06, 09:54
hiya,
all i can say its i'm so glad i found this site. i might not post alot but i do find that reading other peoples views ane experiences a big help aswell.
i have found it such a comfort knowing i can share my concerns and fears with people who have or are going through the same thing.

all i can say is a big thankyou to everyone.

luv pp1
xx

Daisybun
02-07-06, 10:05
I would like to say a big 'Thank you ' to Nic and all the people involved in NMP. I have found this site to be a godsend for me. I try and come in everyday, it really lifts me, there are so many people here whodespite problems of their own take time to support others. It is a place where I can feel supported and where i can feel some sense of worth in supporting others who are going through similar things to myself. It is a chance to share, your fears, successes, experiences and surely that is where friendships are forged. I have been a member a very short time, i have made friends here that i feel privileged to know and who have have helped me through. I don't feel that it is clicky, everyone has friendship groups and people they relate to, people who have been here for years will have known eachother a long time, it is only natural that they are close. A big thank you Nic and don't be discouraged by one or two negative comments, just focus on all the positive ones and the help this site has been to hundreds of us.
Thank you

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Margaret
02-07-06, 10:40
Hi

I'm a very new member to the site - and unfortunately new to panic attacks too (all started out of the blue a month ago) - finding this site has certainly been valuable for me - only just finding my way around it - it seems very big but I REALLY appreciate the posts and the reolies - and the fact that there are people out there getting through this.

Cheers.

Margaret

Piglet
02-07-06, 12:15
To have a good friend - you need to be a good friend!!!!

Perhaps this is wise to remember!!!

Piglet x

trac67
02-07-06, 12:31
And thats why we get on so well isn't it matey :D
Stop me coming on the forum late at night and when I am in a bad mood please it gets me into trouble lol

Love

Trac xxx

Karen
02-07-06, 12:43
Here here Piglet :D !!

Nic: I am sorry your feelings were hurt when you had put this post up to thank ALL members of NMP for the support we give each other.

Personally, I don't think it is up to the Admins to reply to every post. There are far too many posts each day and the forum has grown so much since I first joined.

I come on here and post for support myself and I try to reply to some other posts when I can but there is no way one or two people could answer everyone. Sometimes people don't know what to say or are having a bad time themselves. I know that most people here don't share my problems and I am grateful to the support and help I do get. I have made some truly great friends in my time here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Granny Primark
02-07-06, 13:01
I am really grateful for all the help and support ive recieved from this brilliant website. Its helped me so much since i joined I would like especially to thank trace for helping me so much over these last few days. I really do appreciate the kindness youve shown me trace.

Take care
Lots of love

LYNN

Sue K with 5
02-07-06, 13:09
Oh Dear

Hi Nic I am so sorry you must actualy wonder why you bother???

Lucy when we respond to posts it is not because we are best friends with people, or because we prefer them to others,

Surely you only reply if you have either experienced something similar or you have information which can help. I have replies from people i have never spoken to and i rarely get replies from my friends on here because as friends we communicate through sources such as msn and yahoo.

This is silly now

To Nic,Meg, Piglet, eeyore, sarah, Ray and Trac ( a true friend) sod the negatives the positives far outway guys. You have truly saved many people on NMP and lets clink glasses and wish it a happy future.

Sue with 5

scknight

trac67
02-07-06, 13:27
Lyn - that was a lovely post thankyou, and I hope you manage to get everything sorted out mate, and you know where I am if you need me.

Sue - thanks mate like Piglet said to have a good friend you need to be good friend, so it works both ways, thankyou xx

Love

Trac xx

Attsila
02-07-06, 14:20
Thanks Nic. I have always felt warm and welcome here and have felt blessed to have found you guys. No problems here
Lena

worrying is alot Like a Rocking Chair It is something todo but it won't get you anywhere

Piglet
02-07-06, 14:40
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">worrying is alot Like a Rocking Chair It is something todo but it won't get you anywhere

<div align="right">Originally posted by Attsila - 02 July 2006 : 15:20:59</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

:D:D:D:D:D:D that made me snort!!!

Piglet xx

chucklehound
02-07-06, 14:55
Hi Nic and thank you for a great site.

What started out to be a nice post is going kinda down hill (thanks Lucy).

Did you expect Nic to reply to every single post you do because you have been here a while????

Nic didn't reply to every post I did but gosh I don't hold it against her. If she reads the post and reads the replys and someone has already said something that Nic could only say again then what is the point of saying it twice?
Lucy, you think you are the most important person here by the sounds of it. Nic works long hours and then comes on here to answer the posts she feels able to answer and you have a go at her!!! How pathetic.

Don't listen to her Nic if she can't appreciate that you do your bloody best.

Can't please everyone!!!

You can but try Nic.

Thanks to Nic, Alex and all the mods and members for making this site what it is today:D

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

chucklehound
02-07-06, 14:57
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">To have a good friend - you need to be a good friend!!!!

Perhaps this is wise to remember!!!

</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

I agree Piglet!!!

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

nomorepanic
02-07-06, 15:51
I just want to apologise for my outburst last night[:I]

It just touched a nerve as like some have said on this thread I started this post to say "Thanks" to you guys for making this forum what it is.

I didn't expect it to be another witch hunt post like so many seem to turn into.[:O]

Anyway - thanks for all the lovely comments and replies and let's remember it is the minority that complain not the majority. You can't please all of the people all of the time.

If anyone feels that they are being ignored on here and it is annoying you that much then please feel free to find another forum that will meet your needs and don't drag this one down with snide comments and angry replies.

Can I also just say that I did PM EVERYONE on the forum to read this thread as I wanted you all to see my post thanking you for the time you spend on this forum. It was not a personal post to just one or two people. I don't think I made that very clear. Sorry.

Thanks again all:)

Nicola

xoxbabygalxox
02-07-06, 18:19
great post and i am a new member and have found the people on here very friebdly and supportive and al the forums are very helpful when i need it.

thanx evry1
take care all xxx

Insomniac
02-07-06, 18:29
Sometimes I don't visit for a while, usually because when I'm down I don't contact anyone - even here.. But when I do I always feel welcome and supported.

My husband is great, but its still good to come where folk understand you and you can find support and info relevant to you.

Thank goodness for nomorepanic!

Lisa. X

hjm70
02-07-06, 18:32
i havent really been a member very long but i have never felt excluded here. when my anxiety was at its very worse the people here gave me hope. this forum is so helpful i cant thank you guys enough

carlin
02-07-06, 19:18
[V] Bye-bye Lucy

scoobygirl2005
02-07-06, 19:51
Hi.

Just want to say thanks to you guys too, you do a great job! [^] Hugs for you all.

Also I think that was quite mean what you posted Lucy, the mods do a great job and support people as much as they can, this forum is brilliant! Don't know what we would do without them, thanks again guys.

Scooby2005
x x

axel
03-07-06, 00:00
Thanks for this post but I have never felt anything other than appreciation for having a place to share etc.

Ammeg
03-07-06, 10:52
hey Nic,
THANKYOU!!!
This site has helped so many of us- its lovely to know theres others who understand!!!
I think all the team does an excellent job- ur all brill!!! :D
Gemxxx

Ma Larkin
03-07-06, 11:28
Well said! Its hard to reply to so many topics, especially for us who work full-time then have to go home to kids, but I reply to as many as I can. I'd hate to think that anyone was feeling left out, I'm sure its not intentional. We don't work like that on this site.

bluesparkle
03-07-06, 12:19
hi nic.... and everyone
only just caught up with the post late as usual lol
i just want to add my thoughts about this site... i dont get on here nearly half as much as i used to but when i do i am always made to feel just as welcome as the day i joined... i have been a member for nearly two years now and have never felt pushed out in anyway... i know i can come here any time with any question and i am never made to feel silly or left out of things... i know people here care and understand ... and thats what matters.
like many have said there are so many threads each day it would be impossible to reply to all... but someone always does as soon as they can
i want to thank you all because i know that i wouldnt be where i am now if it wasnt for such a great and friendly site, i came here at my lowest point and its all of you that have made me like i am now...
please dont let the people that moan get you down as you are worth more than that...
take care all of you
rach
x

May Day
03-07-06, 15:50
Isn't paranoia one of the sypmtoms of stress ?????

Without this site, the friendship and help from the people i've got to know from here then my life would be in a much worse state than it is now. Keeping a website like this running efficently takes lots of time and dedication and people should realise that. One person alone is not able to help the amount of members that there are on this site. It's up to us to take part and help each other as and where we can.

May

The brightest, sunniest day may follow the darkest, stormiest night ... enjoy the sun

nomorepanic
03-07-06, 21:59
Thanks for all the lovely posts today. It makes it all worthwhile.

You lot really are such a fab bunch of people and I mean that.

Nicola

dawnym
04-07-06, 09:33
Hi Nicola
This site is great to say whats in your head and not be judged.I have met a great friend through here and she is helping me see the funny side of life again.
I did feel excluded at one point but I think that was just because I was so low and paranoid.
Being here has helped me see that Im not just what people say I am and not always to blame for everything.
I went shopping yesterday for the first time in years and enjoyed myself and that is all down to this site as Im still waiting for councilling.
So thankyou for all your hard efforts.

love Dawn xxxxx

pedngirl
04-07-06, 09:39
Thank you for this. I am a new member and have found people to be so helpful and friendly. You do a great job!!!
Elizabeth

Trev
04-07-06, 12:03
Hi Nic, I don't think you need to apologise at all.

Like in real life, I think you get back what you put in to some degree. If people become arguementative or rude etc on posts it's only natural that people will intitially get annoyed and then shy away from involving themselves with that person's posts.

I've always had one very simple rule. I never say anything that I would not say to that persons face. Just because it's on a computer it doesn't give you free reign to abuse people. That's the same whether it's the board or PM's.

I've not seen any of the clique stuff going on but then I'm probably not best placed to. I've only been in chat a couple of times at the start. All I'd say is that maybe we are hyper-sensitive while under the influence of anxiety and read more into things than actually exists?

One thing to bear in mind is that the written word can often be interpreted in a way that was not meant. I've had experience of this with e-mails where offence has been taken and none was meant. When you say the words you mean the emphasis in a differenet way. Just a thought anyway.

I am extremely grateful for this site and to the people on the forum who helped me recover with their experience and encouragement.

People should bear in mind that sometimes other members take breaks from here and so do not always keep up with threads.

I've had periods where I know it has been more beneficial for me to not come on here. This is purely because I found that, at times, it made me dwell too much on my worries rather than getting on with life and the healing that this can bring in it's own way.

Anyway, thanks again Nic and best wishes to all of you. Enjoy the sun!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Cheers,
Trev

lizmarshall
04-07-06, 12:31
only been using this site since jan and i find it fantastic and very helpfull, everybody have been great!!!

pips
04-07-06, 21:43
Great post Nic,

This is a fantastic site and I can't thank you enough for starting it all up.

Here's to NMP!! HORAY

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X X

meatybuddy
04-07-06, 22:39
great post nic

personally i have found this site to be very useful and have made a lot of friends here

i cant thank you enough for keeping it running

regards

Darren

oh well the end is near

jill
04-07-06, 23:46
Hi Nic :D:D

Great post.

This forums has been a god send to me, I have learned sooo much over the past 19 months.

Thanks to ALL that post and reply to threads you have helped me more than you will ever know and helped me help my 12 year old daughter who has suffered a blip but moving forward now.[^]:D

Thank you all again

LOVE JILLXX

chop
05-07-06, 15:52
Thanks for the forums firstly.[Sigh...] Helped me greatly!

Secondly... I wanna be a member of this CLICKY group! First i have heard :( (jokes as I dont care and doubt there is one) :):D

Third, UNDER react I say everyone! :D (read my message below) [:o)]

Cheers
Chop/Paul

Learning to under react

honeybee3939
05-07-06, 16:43
Hi

Yes a great forum, i too have made lots of new friends, the forum as made me recover alot quicker, i think the hardest part of anxiety/panic is the feeling of been alone in your illness, its great to be able to share things with people that understand.

Thankyou for such a great site!!

Love

Andrea
xxx

lin
05-07-06, 19:24
hi Nic

Read your post and thought it was great, since i have been on the forum it has helped me loads. Posts that i have read with the same sypmtoms as me and thought WOW i'm not the only one and it's reasured me lots.

So you don't have to say thanks it's us members that have to say thankyou for bringing this to us and making it to what it is now FAB!!!!!

linda xx

bernadette
05-07-06, 20:52
i would like to thank you everyone because without you all you think you r all on your own with all your problem but we r all in the same boat we all help each othere so with out you i would of felt i was on my own but am not i have you thank you all bernadette xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

rockweasel
05-07-06, 21:01
I only come on this site now and again but I truly think it is great. I have always had good advice and replies to my posts and I can only thank the administrators for giving up so much time to help other people. Thanks x

feege
06-07-06, 10:13
Hi Nic

this is a truly fantastic site with some really wonderful people and an incredibly high level of commitment.

It has been a life saver for me and although I am not posting much at the moment I am sure I will again when things settle down!

A very very big THANK YOU to all of the people who work so hard to keep it going....

You guys are all amazing!

:D:D:D:D:D[8D][8D][8D]:D:D:D:D:D

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?
Good and bad things WILL happen!

carldourish
06-07-06, 20:45
Great comment Nicola.

I haven't been on the forum much recently due to work commitments. However I like to think that some of my therapy comments have helped others to view their issue in a different way.

This forum is and always will be a benefit to those that just read or answer questions!!!!

Take care

Carl

EmmaJane
06-07-06, 21:28
Hi Nic,

Hope you had a good break. This is a good post and I totally agree. I have been around for a while aswell, although not as much as I'd like now. I am just looking now and since I lasted logged on, there are 350 topics I havent read. I would love to reply to them all, even if its just to say welcome or hello, but it would take all night and believe me I need my beauty sleep :-)

I will try and answer some tonight, but me myself, im just grateful, we have a site like this to come to. Even if we get no replies, it clears alot from my head, just to be able to write it down, if I get a reply then thats a bonus

Thanks all

Emma.x

joolsukuk
07-07-06, 13:20
hi.i havent ben on for a few days so i wanted to say i always feel welcome and everyone has been so kind, this site is like a lifesaver to me thank you EVERYONE .

jools xx

Coni
10-07-06, 16:26
Hi Nic,

have just caught up with this thread as I've been on hols for two weeks.

Just wanted to add my thanks to everyones. This is a great site and has been an absolute godsend to me .

Thanks again

Coni x

surreylady
16-09-06, 16:11
just wanted to say a big thank you for this site, i dont think id get through this again without all the support and encouragement from the people i have met here. ive been on the forum and the chat room for a week now and its helping no end, everyone here is so lovely.

thanks again

mandy xxxx

positive attitude brings positive results

juju
17-09-06, 20:41
i have always been made to feel welcome on here, i have had some great support and advice, like you say sometimes it takes a bit of time for people to reply
this site is great
julie

we are all stronger people after having this

Dawn2
28-09-06, 22:49
Hi Nic
I have been using this forum since sept/oct 2005. I have made great friends.I have bipolar/manic depression with out this group I would have been completly lost.
THANK YOU ONE AND ALL
yours Dawn2

Richie
25-10-07, 12:13
you are doing a great job as are all the administators , and if it wasn't for this site there would be alot more lonely people around
keep up the great work Nicola x x x x

orangeblossom
07-06-08, 11:35
Hi - I'm new to this site and just reading through the various admin articles.

I am just so glad to have found this site and am very grateful for all of the wonderful people who take the time to help and support others by sharing their experiences and sometimes just letting others know they are there and that they understand.

Thank you!

Sx.

marie1974
07-06-08, 11:40
hi i just wanted to add that there are some really genuine caring people on here and i have made some great new friends and this site is a life line to some people and i have read so many success stories that have come about since people have found confidence from this site so welldone to all involved and all its members hugs guys xxxx

milly jones
07-06-08, 21:29
wow i love old threads lol

its good to see how nmp is as popular now as it was in 2006

i too heavily rely on nmp for my social life and to help gain support.

i can never express what you all mean to me and how grateful i am to nic and all the crew for giving up their time, freely and generously

diloch yn fawr

milly xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

mothermac
11-07-08, 21:11
Hi Nicola
Just wanted to say that I think the site is brilliant,it's comforting to know that when I am up in the night(which is often) I have somewhere to go where I feel safe and know people are listening.
Anxiety is a taboo subject enough but with site's like this we can get it the attention and recognition sufferers need.
Lets keep up the good work
Love Mothermac xxxxxx

Cathy V
15-07-08, 13:06
I would definately have been one of the lonely people if i hadnt found nmp. My life here in germany is quite isolating and having the anxiety come back with all the awful symptoms would have kept me house-bound even more if not for all the support on this forum. Ive done so well in the short time as a member here.

I dont always get it right, but with so many different personalities I suppose thats only natural, but the fact that nmp works for so many of us is a tribute to how its run. Its also a tribute to some wonderful members.

Where else can we share bad jokes, win quiz prizes, play silly games, share life experiences and laugh and cry together all on one forum? Weve even got our own pub :D

So ill raise my glass to nmp (its only the tonic wayne honest :noangel: ) may it long continue the fight.

Cathy xxx

Granny Primark
15-07-08, 20:46
Cathy you are so right.
Ive had so much help and support from members of this site i really dont know what i would have done without them.
Ive been so down i havent wanted wake up, then ive thought of this site and the first thing ive done is put my computer on and come and read some of the posts on this site.
Ive laughed in the chatroom til tears have come down my cheeks.
And ive met some lovely members.
foxy bell, paddington, mynnd, the voicewithinme,sakmirman,domino. Oh i could go on, but its the likes of these people and this site that has kept me going.
Oh and cathy hopefully wel meet soon.
I too thank nic and admin for this brill site.
you dont appreciate things til you havent got them. I know for sure id be lost without this site.

Alisonj
19-07-08, 05:37
I agree this forum is a wonderful thing! The admins are great as are all of the members! I love how there is no drama and just lots of support for everyone.

Catwoman
29-07-08, 16:24
I think the problem is a lot of us are obviously very anxious and worried, thats why we are here, so we worry when we don't get posts or replies. It is in our nature!
But this site is a God send, I cannot express the relief when I see posts from people who think the same way I do, who worry like I do and understand the problems people suffer when you have issues with anxiety and depression.
We all come here because we all have issues with this, and it's a great community.
Well done to all the Admins who work so hard to keep it going. x