PDA

View Full Version : Lightheaded after massage

eva82
04-04-12, 01:11
Hi everyone!

So I've been going to physical therapy for chronic back pains, and had a little bit of a scary experience today. After the therapist worked on my back for about 45 mins, I tried to get up from the massage table and felt very lightheaded. I had to get up very slowly and couldn't stand up for a few minutes without feeling wobbly on my feet. He didn't seem concerned and just told me to take it easy and drink lots of water.

I have lower than normal blood pressure everyday, and have had massages in the past (not lying face down for 45 minutes though) so I was concerned that it took me so long to recover. Now I'm having anxiety as usual Because I have a big fear of passing out! Anyone else have this happen to them?!

nomorepanic
04-04-12, 01:18
This is normal and they do tell you to rest after a massage and drink plenty of water.

It is nothing to worry about

Anxious_gal
04-04-12, 04:04
Head rush after standing up is because the sudden movement can cause your blood pressure to drop.
My blood pressure is ok but I get head rush a lot , the longer I've been sitting and the Warmer the room the more likely it is that I'll get lightheaded and will have to sit back down again :)

eva82
04-04-12, 06:14
Thanks for the responses ... Come to think about it the room was quite warm also so maybe that also had something to do with it. Feeling better now and will make sure not to get so anxious at my next appointment. :)