PDA

View Full Version : Unable to log into chat room

Brownin
04-04-12, 04:24
Hi guys & girls, I used to come onto the chat room at the end of last year without any problem. I got a new desktop & for the 1st few times I got in fine, since then java always crashes, I have tried everything I can think of, IE, FF 32 & 64 bit, Chrome. I have both 32 & 64bit java plug-ins installed. I have uninstalled & re-installed countless times but nothing seems to solve the issue. My anti virus isnt stopping me as the same problem occurs when I turn it all off. As I use norton it has a built in firewall & java is set to allow, so that isnt blocking me. I've tried other sites that use java & get same problem. Here's my comp spec if thats any help...

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel Sandybridge i5 2500k (Overclocked to 3.8Ghz)
AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series
2x 4gb Corsair Vengeance
Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 Motherboard

anything else that would be helpful, just ask. Thanks everyone & hope to be back on chat very soon :)

nomorepanic
04-04-12, 13:22
Is Java the problem though or is it something simple like you are blocking pop-up windows?

Brownin
04-04-12, 13:57
Its definately Java thats the problem, also I cant sign in on the top right of this website. When I do it says thank you for logging in, browser refreshes but then I am not signed in, only way of me signing in is by clicking post new thread or reply then logging in that way...not much fun :(

nomorepanic
04-04-12, 14:32
Did you click on the remember me box?

It sounds like you could have an issue with cookies with the signing in problem. Also try changing your login password (in your profile). Fix that problem and it may help with chat - who knows